Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Console App

Hello to the forum,

I am developing a ConsoleApp and would like to access values in Ninjatrader 8.
    Which reference do I need to include in my program.

The program is not in the Ninjatrader folder. Is this an obstacle?

Thanks for the support

Hello user10,

Thanks for your post.

NinjaTrader does have an API available as a C# managed and unmanaged assembly. Support for the API is very limited.

The Application Programming Interface (API) is available in the NTDirect.dll (unmanaged) and NinjaTrader.Client.dll (managed) files for you to use in an external application to interface with NinjaTrader. These two files provide the same functions, however, you may find the NinjaTrader.Client.dll is easier to reference in your custom application.

Support for the API is limited from NinjaTrader Support. We are not able to assist with any code in an application external to NinjaTrader. We are able to detail the usage of any methods available from the API.

Below I am providing a publicly available link to the help guide that lists the functions available to the API.
    Help Guide NT8 API functions - http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG..._interface.htm
    Help Guide NT7 API functions - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._interface.htm

Please also refer to this forum post link for more information about the NinjaTrader API — https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...art#post793626

On the forum, you can ask other developers in the community if anyone has tips for unsupported external application code.

Please let us know if we may assist further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Brandon_H,
      thank you very much for the hint.
      The client.dll is not the solution because it does not transfer all the data I want to use.
      Is there another solution to access the variables in a strategy from an external ConsoleApp?
      Many thanks

Comment

Hello user10,

Thanks for your note.

The NinjaTrader API would be the only way to access NinjaTrader values in an external program/script such as ConsoleApp. Note that support for the API is very limited.

There would be no other means for accessing NinjaTrader values in an external ConsoleApp.

Let us know if we may assist further.
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
        16 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post samish18  
        Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
        3 responses