Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening candle different prices

Good morning.
    I have attached a pic of 3 MNQ charts with 3 different time frames(1m, 2m, 5m). If you look at the vertical line on each chart it is drawn at 8:30AM NY time.

On the 1m chart I added a horizontal ray at the 8:30 mark and it was added to the 2m and 5m automatically.
    Then, on the 2m chart I added a horizontal ray at the 8:30 mark and it was added to the 1m and 5m automatically.
    Finally, on the 5m chart I added a horizontal ray at the 8:30 mark and it was added to the 1m and 2m automatically.
    The opening price was also different on the 15m and 30m. These were not added to keep the pic less cluttered.

Why are there different opening prices for the candle that opened at 8:30AM? Basic logic would seem to be that when a candle opens it should be the same on multiple charts and not vary by many ticks or points. The difference between the 1m and 2m is 30.75 points. The difference between the 1m and 5m is 37.5 points based on the pic provided.

I did the same test using other charting software, they didn't seem to have any trouble identifying the opening price of a candle at 8:30AM NY time on the 1m, 2m,5m, 15m, 30m chart as being the same price.

I did the Reload all historical data option and it made no difference to the chart. I hope this can be corrected.

Thank you for your time in this matter.
    RichG

Click image for larger version

Name:	03-01-2022 chart problem.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	327.9 KB
ID:	1192108

Hello Rich,

Thank you for your post.

Please note that NinjaTrader timestamps bars when they close so the opening price for the session would be on the bar to the right of the 8:30 AM bar.

Meaning that on the 1 minute chart the opening price would be the open price on the 8:31 bar and so on and so forth for the 2 minute, etc.

Ex. the 8:31 bar contains all the data from 8:30:00 to 8:30:59

When testing on my end I see the same opening price in multiple charts (1m, 2m, and 5 m).

Do you see the same when checking the first bar of the after ther 8:30 mark?

Below I have included a link to our NinjaTrader Help Guide on bar timestamps:
    Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Spencer.

Thank you for your reply and explanation.

When I first started with NT8 I was using renko and tick charts so time wasn't a factor. I just recently started with time charts and I couldn't grasp the differences as I saw them.

I did as you said and plotted the horizontal ray as you suggested and it worked! Sometimes us older folk just need a little help now and again.

Thanks again.
      Rich

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Brevo
      by Brevo

Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM