account position and strategy positions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

account position and strategy positions

I have two active strategies, and each strategy has 1 long position open (2 open long positions total). However, my strategies tab indicates that my account position is 1L. Why isn't my account position 2L if I have 2 open long positions?
    Last edited by 2inthebush; 03-03-2022, 03:25 AM.

Good question, I agree.

Perhaps that column is misnamed.
    (Maybe it should be named 'Strategy Position')

Hmmm ...
    The help page would seem to imply that it should be 2L, since it
    specifically says "includes positions not entered by the strategy",
    which, to me, says all other positions from all other strategies plus
    any manual positions, like, ya know, that means it's the total of all
    positions, which is, uh, just the account position, right?

Perhaps the documentation is crap.
    (At the very least, it sure seems crappily worded)

Yes, indeed, very good question.

Comment

Hello 2inthebush,

Thank you for your post.

On the Strategies tab, the "Position" is supposed to be the strategy position only and would not include information about other positions on the account, and the "Account Position" should display the account position that also includes positions that are not related to the strategy. So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
      • What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)
      • Who is your broker?
      • What instrument symbol (and expiry if applicable) have you selected? For example, ES 03-22, AAPL, EURUSD, etc.
      • Do you receive an error on the screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
      If possible, please provide a screenshot of the Strategies tab and the Positions tab so that I may compare. If you are more comfortable sending this information via email, please send it to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com and include a link to this forum post as well as the information "ATTN Emily 3511702" in the subject line.
      • To send a screenshot with Windows 10 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.
      • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save it as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

bltdavid did provide one help guide link, however, we have another page here that goes even further in-depth about Strategy position vs. Account position:

I look forward to your reply.
      Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post ScottWalsh  
      Started by olisav57, Today, 07:39 PM
      0 responses