ES server definition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ES server definition

I just had a request from a NT8 to update my ES server definition - I've been using NT8 continuously for days, weeks, months and I can't remember ever having seen a message box asking me to update my ES definition to server settings.
    I clicked the OK button on the info box.
    I then checked my log and trace files and can't find any mention of the ES server definition being updated.

Did Ninjatrader update the ES definition recently?
    Does this sound like something that should have happened during platform startup this morning?

Same here. I clicked No.

I made changes to a few settings, most important of which is rollover data that dates back to year 2000 and took long to collect and enter. (due in part to not very user-friendly interface might I add.) I most certainly do not want my changes to be overwritten now.

But I do want to continue getting new rollover updates as I have been up till now. So what are my options here? Surely there has to be a better way to go about it without causing such inconvenience to the user.

What is the update anyway? The message doesn't care to give this information.

Comment

Hello dtl-saw and digibob,

Thank you for writing in.

After reaching out for more information on what could have changed, it doesn't look like we pushed any updates for the ES specifically. Although, there was an update to the MES and a few other Indicies that received additional Contract Expiries.
      • The message may have appeared as a result of these updates.
        • If you would like additional information, please use the steps below to send your Log, Trace, and Database file to us directly at Platform Support so we could take a deeper look and see if there is any further information on what was modified.
          • Go to the Control Center > Help > Email Support
          • Enter your email
          • Enter the Subject as "Clayton ATTN 3519078"
          • Expand the "Other files" section
          • Check the following boxes:
            • Log and Trace files
            • Database file
          • Send the message
      Even though you clicked No on this message for this update, if there was another update like this in the future, you would get another dialogue box asking if you wanted to accept or deny the update.

To manually update the Instruments in the future, please use the following steps:
      • Go to the Control Center > Tools > Database Management
      • Expand the "Update Instruments" section
      • Check the box next to the sections you would like to update and then click Update.
      • Click image for larger version

Name:	LT277a.png
Views:	118
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	1192829
      Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Clayton. Thank you for your reply.

It seems we are good for now but the possibility is there for something like that to happen in the future.

As I worry in particular about the old rollover data (contract expiries) I went to the trouble of adding, the question is, when I manually update General properties or Symbol mappings, is the rollover data reset to server definition? Or is it left untouched?

I hope the latter.

If otherwise, there should definitely be the option to choose at the very least. I don't think any user would want to lose data they added. Contract expiries may be regarded as a setting or definition but is in fact data.

Comment

Hello digibob,

Thank you for the update.

If you check the "Future expires" section and click Update, this would affect the Future's Contracts Rollover Dates.
          • If you have set up custom Rollover Dates, checking the "Future expires" box and clicking Update would cause these to be overwritten with the server definitions.
          If you do not want to lose your custom rollover dates, do not check the box next to "Future expiries".

Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Oh my. How did I miss that, it's embarrassing. My apologies.

Thank you for your kind help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
            Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes