Upgrading PC BIOS Changes MachineID?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading PC BIOS Changes MachineID?

Started up my desktop NT8 this morning and was required to reenter my NT8 license and multiple third party software add-ons were not working also! I had made the mistake of upgrading my pc bios over the weekend and not testing my software applications afterwards!

Hello Tradarr,

Thank you for your post.

It sounds like changing your bios resulted in a change of your PC's machine ID. If your machine ID has changed, NinjaTrader 8 will automatically remove your license key, username and password, and other sensitive information. This is a purposeful security feature. This feature prevents others from being able to access your personal information simply by stealing your files and loading them onto another PC.

NinjaTrader does not control your machine ID directly. Your machine ID is generated by NinjaTrader based on your PC's fundamental hardware (like RAM, motherboard, etc.) and fundamental software (BIOS/UEFI version, Windows updates, firmware updates, etc.). If any of these items change, your machine ID is likely to change as well. There is no way to manually change your machine ID.

After a machine ID change, you must input your live license key at Control Center > Help > License Key and also re-enter your credentials at Control Center > Connections Configure.
    If your machine ID has changed and it is affecting your add-on licensing, you will need to reach out to the add-on vendors with your new machine ID (can be found at Control Center > Help > About).

If you would like me to take a closer look and/or confirm the machine ID change, please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please include a link to this forum post and reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 3520091 ATTN Emily

Thank you for your patience.

Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
    47 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post aligator  
    Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
    0 responses