Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get commissions on playback

Hi NT 8,

I saw my commissions in my trade performance is 0 when doing playback testing, can you help me turn commissions on?

Hello Austiner87,

Thank you for your post.

To apply commissions, please take the steps below.
    1. Navigate to the Accounts tab of the Control Center
    2. Right-click on the Account you would like to apply the commissions to, and select 'Edit Account' (in the case of playback, the account is based on Sim101 so you may need to edit the Sim101 account while disconnected from playback)
    3. In the 'Commission' drop-down menu, select the commission template.
    4. Click OK

If the commission templates you see don't suit you, then you would have to create a custom commissions template which you may do so by navigating to the Control Center > Tools > Commissions. In this window, click, "add" in the Templates section towards the bottom left side to create a new template. Next, depending on the instrument type you intend on trading, click on the instrument type in the 'Commission per instrument type' section, and click edit. Lastly, add the 'Minimum commission' or 'Per-unit commission' and then click 'OK'. Follow the above steps to apply the commission template to your account.

Unfortunately, the prior orders you've executed will not be applied with commissions, however, the new orders you execute will have the commissions applied.

Additionally, please see the following publicly available NinjaTrader 8 help guide link on Working With Commission Templates:
    If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask them here.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Seems like the latest version of NT is different. How do I add commissions to the trading performance when running a strategy in Market Replay?

Comment

Hello Lance El Camino,

Thank you for the message.

The steps to add a commission template in the NinjaTrader 8.1 platform are essentially the same.

The caveat is that you are doing it for the "Playback101" account that is used in Market Replay.

The Playback101 account will share the same settings as the Sim101 account.
        • So, you would need to reconnect to a non-playback connection so that the Sin101 account appears again.
        • Then, change the commission template that is applied to the Sim101 account
        • From there, switch back to the Playback connection and the Playback101 account will be using the same template

Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.
        Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

​When I right click on the account there is no "Edit Account" option.​​
          Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	299
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	1269988​Sorry last screenshot didn't show whole thing

Comment

Hello Lance El Camino,

Thank you for the update.

You would want to enable "Multi-provider mode" to reveal the configure button in the Connections menu.
              Then, manually set up the connection to your NinjaTrader account using the new "NinjaTrader" connection. Use the same Username and Password you used to open the platform.
              Now, when you connect you should be able to see the Sim101 account and edit its settings as previously mentioned.

Comment

Thank you! I got it to work.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Clayton View Post
                  Hello Lance El Camino,

Thank you for the update.

You would want to enable "Multi-provider mode" to reveal the configure button in the Connections menu.
                  Then, manually set up the connection to your NinjaTrader account using the new "NinjaTrader" connection. Use the same Username and Password you used to open the platform.
                  Now, when you connect you should be able to see the Sim101 account and edit its settings as previously mentioned.

Hello. When followed the instructions based on what I can tell. I made a nimja trader account. I currently have one sim ninja and one live ninja brokerage account. When I then connect using the sim account. And when i try to connect with playback, it says that I have to disconnect from that account to be able to connect playback. So after I disconnect Then the sim is shown but when I go to activate playback 101, that is the only display name that is shown . I dont know how to run them both so that I can edit account and apply commisions to my trades.

Comment

Hello sashol3,

It sounds like you didn't follow along with the guide to enable Multi-Provider Mode. You can still do that if you want to follow the old steps.

With the update to NinjaTrader 8.1.2.1, we added the ability to directly edit the Playback101 account once connected to the Playback connection.

Connect to your Playback connection > Click Continue > Once its connected, go to the Control Center > Accounts tab > Right-click on the Playback101 account > Click Edit account > Apply your commission template as desired > Click OK

If you are not using 8.1.2.1, please follow the steps below to update your platform.
                    • Login into your NinjaTrader Account Dashboard
                    • Click "Download" in the bottom left-hand corner of the sidebar
                    • Select "Download" in the "Most Recent Release" section
                    • Once the installation is downloaded, ensure any previous version of NinjaTrader is closed before running the installation package.

After completing the installation, you can log into the platform using the same username and password as your NinjaTrader Account Dashboard.
                    • Note: Updating NinjaTrader Desktop will not affect any custom configurations, workspaces, or add-ons.
                    • A visual walkthrough of the update process may be found here in our Help Center.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Clayton View Post
                      Hello sashol3,

It sounds like you didn't follow along with the guide to enable Multi-Provider Mode. You can still do that if you want to follow the old steps.

With the update to NinjaTrader 8.1.2.1, we added the ability to directly edit the Playback101 account once connected to the Playback connection.

Connect to your Playback connection > Click Continue > Once its connected, go to the Control Center > Accounts tab > Right-click on the Playback101 account > Click Edit account > Apply your commission template as desired > Click OK

If you are not using 8.1.2.1, please follow the steps below to update your platform.
                      • Login into your NinjaTrader Account Dashboard
                      • Click "Download" in the bottom left-hand corner of the sidebar
                      • Select "Download" in the "Most Recent Release" section
                      • Once the installation is downloaded, ensure any previous version of NinjaTrader is closed before running the installation package.

After completing the installation, you can log into the platform using the same username and password as your NinjaTrader Account Dashboard.
                      • Note: Updating NinjaTrader Desktop will not affect any custom configurations, workspaces, or add-ons.
                      • A visual walkthrough of the update process may be found here in our Help Center.

didnt realize the update to ninja trader 8.12. was needed

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                      16 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Leafcutter  
                      Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes