chart trader issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chart trader issue

ty why does charter trader grey out (top menu) at times, and cant get it to be active again.

Hello tbillm,

Thank you for your inquiry.

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.? or 8.0.?.?)
    • Is Chart Trader always inactive for you, or does it seem to intermittently become unavailable despite being normally being active?
    • Do you use any third party add-ons or indicators on the chart?
    • Do you get any type of an error message or notification when you attempt to active it by pressing the icon on the toolbar?
    I look forward to your response.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ty
      1. ver 8.0.25.0 64bit
      2. usually active but on one chart it may grey out while another is active, if I reboot NT8 they come back active
      3. yes several 3rd party indicators
      4. no error messages by pressing the icon

Comment

one other item if I have the chart trade active up on my chart, there is no way to then close it down, because it is greyed out
        ty sir

Comment

Hello tbillm,

Thank you for your reply.

I cannot think of any reason why the option would intermittently become unavailable except for if something third party is at the root of the problem. Third party add-ons can sometimes cause platform features to not work as expected, depending on what they do and how they are programmed. I'd like you to test and see if you experience this behavior in Safe Mode, without any third party items applied to the chart.

Safe Mode will prevent NinjaTrader from:
          • Loading workspaces.
          • Connecting on start-up.
          • Loading custom assemblies.
          • Getting instrument updates from the server.
          To enable safe mode, please use the following steps:
          • Exit NinjaTrader.
          • Hold the CONTROL key and double click the NinjaTrader icon.
          • Keep the CONTROL key held down until you see the Control Center.
          • You can verify you are in safe mode by going to Help -> About.
          Once you have opened the platform in safe mode:
          • Reconnect to your data provider from the 'Connections' menu
          • Please open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issues.
            • Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled. If you have a workspace already named "Untitled," however, you will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise, it will overwrite it.
          If there are no issues on this new workspace, please restart NinjaTrader normally and try opening the previous workspace by going to Control Center > Workspaces > Select your workspace from the list.

If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding 1 indicator at a time. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns. I also suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a backup if the issue returns.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over backing up and restoring.Please let me know the results of this test.
          Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
          Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes