Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy analyser buggy, strategy stops working (but no amends to the parameters)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy analyser buggy, strategy stops working (but no amends to the parameters)

Hi,

it is hard to be specific with this topic - the problem I have is that my strategies built using Strategy Builder simply stop working after putting them through the Strategy Analyser a few times. At first, the results seem to be logical/in range/valid the first few times I use the Analyser, then it stops working and give illogical results ie the range of SL & TP values no longer gives different backtest results whilst using an optimisation, (every single permutation of SL/TP gives exactly the same result) or the SL no longer is applied to the trades and they all stop out at EOD, or entries are no longer made.

Note: I am not amending the strategy in between runs, so there can be no issues due to configuration changes.

The workaround I have been using is to rebuild the strategy from scratch with exactly the same parameters, at which point it works for backtesting/optimising for a while, but then again stops working correctly after 5 or 6 optimisation runs.

Clearly this is unworkable. How can I get some technical support with a screen share to demonstrate what I mean and check for any pc issues or strategy configuration issues?

Thanks.
    Last edited by TradingAssassin; 03-14-2022, 12:11 PM.

Hello TradingAssassin,

Thank you for your post.

That certainly does sound like a frustrating issue to be experiencing. Since this involves strategies that you are creating yourself with the Strategy Builder, I would suggest contacting our Scripting Support team via email. Scripting Support should be able to help you get to the bottom of what's going on and provide you with the resources and information for how to correct it. They can be reached at scriptingsupport(at)ninjatrader(dot)com. If you can, I'd suggest exporting script and providing a copy of it as an attachment to your email so that they can take a look at it and try to replicate the problem.

We look forward to hearing from you.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
    15 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post xiinteractive  
    Started by Tim-c, Today, 02:10 PM
    1 response