Ninjatrader slow and laggy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjatrader slow and laggy

Hello! I have the latest ninjatrader software and a newer gaming PC with 32gb of RAM. I run games that are 4 times more intense on my computer than this software without issues.

Ninjatrader is laggy with a couple of indicators with no volatility and is unusable during high volatility while in live and replay. I have checked my computer vitals and at max my GPU, CPU and RAM are running at %20 of their full capacity. I've tried repairing DB and reset DB but its still slow. I have also added ninjatrader to my NIVIDIA settings so it can help with the processing but its still slow and laggy. Please advise how I can fix this bottleneck issue with the software.

Hello mindfuljazzy,

You can experience slow and unresponsive behavior if you have many charts, indicators and other windows opened depending on market volatility as well. If market volatility increases, the same setup will need more PC resources.

The 'Calculate' setting for indicators and strategies can be important. If set to 'On each tick' or 'On price change', the indicator/strategy will be calculated on each incoming tick or each price change. During high volatility this can be very CPU intensive especially if the indicator/strategy makes complicated calculations. If you set it to 'On bar close', the indicator/strategy will only be calculated at the end of each price bar.

Could it be you have workspaces opened in the background? Please go to Control Center-->Workspaces. If you see a green icon in front of the workspace, it indicates the workspace is opened and displayed on your monitor. If you see a grey icon, the workspace is opened in the background. Meaning you don't see its windows, but it will use PC resources. You can only have 1 workspace display on your monitor at a time. Please close the workspaces running in the background and check if the lagging behavior persists.

You can find more tips and suggestions to improve performance at the link below.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi NT,

Same issue I have on below PC spec. Two data providers connected at the same time - Continuum and MyCoinbase and charts are behind the real time about 5-10 sec. How do I know this? After disconneting both data provider data charts are still updating. In my opinion, NT cannot use full potencional of PC for some reason. Would be great to fix it. I have only older graphic card. Can this be an issue? Thank you

Device name xxxx
      Processor AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor 4.28 GHz
      Installed RAM 32.0 GB
      System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
      Win 11.

Comment

Hello Jakub,

Thank you for your inquiry.

When charts begin to run behind real-time and then continue updating after you disconnecting in the way that you describe, we refer to this as a chart rendering delay and it can have a wide variety of causes. It's usually a combination of many different factors but usually mostly due to the configuration of the user's workspace and the types of indicators that they use. We usually like to research these with a bit more specificity since everyone's PC and workspace is different.

I'd recommend sending over your log, trace and workspace to our Technical Support staff so that they can look into the problem further and help identify where you may be able to make optimizations.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support with the platform

Expand 'Other files' and enable 'Workspace files and UI settings'.

Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Bidder
        by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
        4 responses