Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to create a Runner with Ninjatrader?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to create a Runner with Ninjatrader?

Hi,
    attached is my ATM Strat.

My Question is: How can i create an Runner on Target 2?

Attached Files

Hello papillon121,

Thank you for the question.

In short, you would set up the "Auto Trail" section as desired and put that on Target 2.

Please follow along with this publicly available video that goes over setting up Stop Strategies like a Trailing Stop:If you have any further questions on how to set up the Stop Strategy, please specify:
    • At how many ticks in your favor do you want the Stop target to start trailing - This dictates the "Profit Trigger"
    • How many ticks behind the current price do you want the Stop Target to trail by - This dictates the "Stop Loss"
    • How many additional ticks in your favor do you want to happen before the stop target gets moved again - This dictates the "Frequency

Additionally, if you have not watched the following publicly available videos yet, I highly suggest watching through all of them for a full introduction to ATM Strategies in NinjaTrader.
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

can please someone just tell me a short Example? if i do it liek the examples above, i get stopped out after 1 tick... its totally strange

Comment

Hello Papillon121,

Thank you for the update.

We are unable to provide any suggestions as to how you should set up your trailing stop as we are unable to provide any sort of trading advice.

We are here to provide education and training so that you learn how to set up a Trailing Stop as desired on your own so you do not have to reach out to someone else any time you want a new ATM Strategy.

Did you follow along with the entire publicly available video previously provided that goes over Stop Strategies specifically?
        Please provide a screenshot of how your Stop Strategy is currently set up so we may provide more information on how it is expected to work:
        • If you are unsure of how to take a screenshot, I recommend using the Windows Snipping tool.
        • Click on the Windows Icon at the bottom of your screen and type the word "Snip"
        • Click on the Snipping tool, click New, then click and drag around the area you want to screenshot
        • Click File > Save As > Save the screenshot where you can find it
        • Please click here for a video demonstration

As well, please provide a detailed description of how you want the Stop Strategy to work as previously mentioned:
        • At how many ticks in your favor do you want the Stop target to start trailing - This dictates the "Profit Trigger"
        • How many ticks behind the current price do you want the Stop Target to trail by - This dictates the "Stop Loss"
        • How many additional ticks in your favor do you want to happen before the stop target gets moved again - This dictates the "Frequency
        Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by mattbsea, Today, 05:44 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post mattbsea  
        Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
        6 responses
        0 likes