Enter Key closes Indicators window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enter Key closes Indicators window

When I have the Indicators window open and am editing the settings for an indicator , if I hit the enter key it closes the Indicators window. How can I disable this behavior so that I can hit the enter key while inside a text box and it will then not close the indicators window?

Hello themann,

Currently there is not an option to disable this feature when working within the Indicator window. While in this window when you are finished editing a parameter to unselect the current cell where the key is being input left click anywhere within Properties background as opposed to hitting the Enter button.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for the information. I am not using the enter key to navigate around inside the properties area. I am inside of a text input where I am entering code that I want to be on separate lines within the text box. However as stated when I hit enter to type the next line of code in the text box it submits the ok button and closes the indicators window. Thank you for the help.

Comment

To add lines to your text after you have input your text within the chart double click on the text which will open the Properties window->Within the Text parameter put breaks in your text where you would them applied then click Ok.

Comment

I am not sure we are on the same page. To be sure I have a screenshot of a snippet of the indicators window with a properties box open where i want to put a line break after the word "AND" by hitting enter or any other means. Right now I have to have the code on separate lines in a text editor and then paste it into the text box to get the code on separate lines within the text box. This example is trivial since it is so short but I want to be able to put several lines in the box where it is not one long line of code.

Comment

If you hold down Shift+Enter does this allow you to move to the next line? If not is this an indicator from a 3rd party vendor or a script you have written?

Comment

Shift+Enter also closes the Indicators window. It is an indicator from 3rd party vendor.

Comment

I suggest contacting the vendor to verify if they have a version of their add-on that will allow a hot key to break the text into separate lines when inputting information into this field.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post DanielSanMartin  
                Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes