Slippage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slippage

Hello, i dont know if anyone can explain me how the orders are placed on the ninjatrader 8... Because the last days im having a lot of slippage on my trades, so i wounder if this problem comes from ninjatrader 8, rhythmic or apex or all of them... or my end. If anyone could clarify me to what might be happening i would appreciate.

Thank you in advance.

Hello Madtrade,

Thank you for the message.

The thing to remember is that after we see the order update of "Submitted" NinjaTrader has nothing more to do with the order. It simply waits on an update from the Brokerage and Exchange as to what happened with the order.
    • Please see the following link for more information on what the different order states mean:
    • Please see the following link for more information on where your orders reside based on provider:

NinjaTrader has control over the "Submitted" Order Status update.

From there, the "Accepted", "Working", "Filled", "Execution", and "Instrument" updates are all sent from the Broker/Exchange and NinjaTrader has no control over if and when those are sent as they are sent by the Brokerage/Exchange.

Once your Order has made it to "Accepted" or "Working" this means the order lives on your Brokerage/Exchange's Servers and will be filled if and when Market Conditions dictate.
    • At this point, NinjaTrader could technically be turned off and those orders would still be active on the Brokerage/Exchange's Servers and filled when/if the market price and conditions dictated.

If your orders are experiencing Slippage, then this is happening at the Exchange where the orders are actually getting filled.
    • A Market order Guarantees a Fill, but it does not guarantee a Price.
    • A Limit order Guarantees a Price, but it does not guarantee a Fill.

If your orders are filling at prices that are nowhere near the prices showing on your charts, then you may be experiencing Rendering Delays that are causing the Charts to be unable to update in real-time and fall behind.
    • If this is the case, please let us know and we will provide further information to test for this as it is a completely different subject.
      • A quick way to test is to open a SuperDOM window, select the same instrument as the Chart, check if the Last, Ask, and Bid prices are lining up between the two. If they are lining up, then the chart is running in real-time.

Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Does this apply the same way on a simulation trading like an tryout on APEX?

Comment

Hello Madtrade,

Thank you for the follow-up question.

Something important to know is that the Sim101 account is going to be different than your Simulation Account being provided by your Broker, like Apex.
        • The Sim101 account is a Simulation account that is held locally on the computer and managed by the NinjaTrader platform itself
        • Your "Simulation account" with your Broker, like Apex, is being held on their servers and managed by them
          • So, in regard to NinjaTrader, these orders are handled the exact same as if it was a live account
        Essentially, if the account only appears when you connect to a specific Broker/Connection, that account information is being provided through the connection to update and be displayed within the NinjaTrader platform.

Please see the following link for more information on the Sim101 account:Please reach out to your Broker or Orders Desk for more information on Slippage, how their Simulation Servers Work, and how that affects you and your account.
        Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke  
        Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes