Controlling how atm orders are placed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controlling how atm orders are placed

When executing my ATM, my first entry places orders at desired targets, any addition entry will place the whole order at T1. I'm trying to figure out how to get additional entries to place targets at T2 & T3. In this case each additional order would increase sell limits by 1 & the stop by 3. Thanks for taking a look.
    Attached Files

Hello dtaylor,

This is as expected for the 'Select Active ATM Strategy on Order Submission' ATM Strategy Selection Mode. If you select 'Keep Selected ATM Strategy Template on Order Submission', it will not combine the ATM orders, but they will be submitted as configured based on the entry price of your 2nd entry order. You can then manually combine the ATM orders. You can find the 'ATM Strategy Selection Mode' setting in the Properties menu of ChartTrader. Please see the link below for more information.
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...rategy_selecti on_mode.htm
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I don't understand the logic of placing all additional orders profit targets at T1 when the ATM is set to place one at each target.

Comment

Unfortunately this is as expected when you scale into an existing position with the default ATM Strategy Selection Mode setting of 'Select Active ATM Strategy on Order Submission'. It will add the profit target orders to the first profit target order. If you want ATM orders to be submitted as per the ATM strategy template when scaling in, then please select 'Keep Selected ATM Strategy Template on Order Submission' as ATM Strategy Selection Mode.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
        Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
        11 responses
        0 likes