NJ8 MACD Color Histogram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NJ8 MACD Color Histogram

Hello, I'm new here so I hope this is the right place to ask. I could not find a straight no frills MACD Histogram with colored bars for NJ8. Does one exist anywhere?
    Thanks, GoodOlJoe

Hello GoodOlJoe,

Unfortunately there is no such MACD indicator present by default in the NinjaTrader platform. There are custom created MACD indicators publicly available on our NinjaTrader Ecosystem website:Here is a basic guideline of how to import NinjaScript add-ons in NinjaTrader 8:

Note — To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import:
    1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
    2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import > NinjaScript Add-on...
    3. Select the downloaded .zip file
    4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.
    Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
    • Right-click your chart > Indicators... > Select the Indicator from the 'Available' list on the left > Add > OK
    Here is a short video demonstration of the import process:Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by GoodOlJoe View Post
      I could not find a straight no frills MACD Histogram with colored bars for NJ8.
      Try this one posted here.

Comment

Thank you Lancer but the Histo bars are all blue (or one color). I'd like to have green up bars and red down bars.
        Thanks, Joe

Originally posted by Lancer View Post

Try this one posted here.

Comment

Hello Jason, thank you for your reply.

I did check the NJ platform and did not find one. Interesting that no one used the MACD histogram.
          I can use the one Lancer posted to below on here but it would be nice to have dual colors.
          I may give it a shot and add the function although I have not tried coding this particular code it doesn't look that difficult.

Thanks again,
          Joe

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
          Hello GoodOlJoe,

Unfortunately there is no such MACD indicator present by default in the NinjaTrader platform. There are custom created MACD indicators publicly available on our NinjaTrader Ecosystem website:Here is a basic guideline of how to import NinjaScript add-ons in NinjaTrader 8:

Note — To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import:
          1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
          2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import > NinjaScript Add-on...
          3. Select the downloaded .zip file
          4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.
          Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
          • Right-click your chart > Indicators... > Select the Indicator from the 'Available' list on the left > Add > OK
          Here is a short video demonstration of the import process:Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Comment

Joe, In indicator Properties, set options, plot colors (histogram, MACD, signal), etc. per your preference.

For example:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	MACDCustom Properties.jpg
Views:	1230
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	1198293

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
            3 responses