Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about a chart glitch.

Hello Ninjatrader support.

Earlier today I left my charts running and stepped away from the screen for a few hours. I had many charts of ES running on various scales, seconds, minutes, ticks, etc. When I came back to my PC after the market closed I noticed the charts were clearly encountering a glitch. Then I noticed the ChartLagTime indicator was showing a lag of over an hour. I theorize this is somehow where the problem is arising.

Oddly my T&S window and SuperDOM window are showing the correct current trading information.
    The second picture where the chart is showing a price near 4300 I took a picture of T&S at the same time and also uploaded the picture. The price in T&S is showing 4252.

I do use many 3rd party indicators so there could be something going off there. I use a program to constantly sync my PC clock and I usually do not encounter high lag in my chart according to the ChartLagTime indicator.

Also the Log in control panel is showing no messages after 7:40am when I first opened Ninjatrader.

This has happened to me before months ago IIRC. But I didn't really pay it much mind as it didn't spook me then but it is worrying me now. Especially since I was not at my PC when this happened. The other times if I recall it happening I just refreshed my chart. It is pretty easy to notice when this happens because the LOB obviously glitches and now I know to keep a close eye on the chart time.

I am guessing it is somehow related to the PC clock and Ninjatrader clock is there maybe an idea of what indicator could be effecting the Ninjatrader clock?

Thank you for any assistance.
    Attached Files

Hello okrsfinance,

It looks like a chart that was running the CharLagTime indicator had fallen out of sync with the actual market data. (These sorts of indicators generally compare tick time stamps to the PC clock.)

If you have other more complex indictors running on other charts in the workspace and the CPU gets overloaded, this can cause issues on instrument threads and UI threads that drive the chart.

Please also make sure you are resyncing the PC clock when NinjaTrader is closed.

If you use the Control Center's > Tools > NinjaScript Output Window > (Right Click) > NinjaScript Utilization Monitor running, you may see which components use the most CPU, and may be the most performance drawing. Removing instances of these components in the workspace can help speed things up and avoid scenarios where threads get overloaded and this sort of delay is seen.

You may also perform tests by closing your current workspace and testing a basic workspace > We should not see any issue here because the system would not be overloaded.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
    6 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post algospoke  
    Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes