Playback connection & historical data using kinetick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playback connection & historical data using kinetick

I downloaded historical data for various equities from 2007 using kinetick via NT8. But playback does not allow me go back beyond 2021. Is that a limitation?

Hello cay7man,

Thank you very much for your post.

Can you please confirm you have historical tick data available going back this far?

The replay connection would only show dates in the historical playback that have tick data available. As minute data only contains 5 values per 60-second timeframe (Open, High, Low, Close, Volume), it would not suffice to replay an instrument.

If tick data is available for this time and the replay still fails, please let me know!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

How can I confirm if I've the tick data? I did select Tick, bid, ask, last options when I downloaded the data for all the symbols...

Comment

Hello,
        You can right click the playback controller and select 'show available historical data' to see what instruments/days you have downloaded/stored.
        Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok. It looks like Kinetick issue possibly. I did select Tick, Minute, Day, Ask, Bid and Last options for AMD with start date as 01/01/2015. But it downloaded data for Oct 2021 and later only.

Comment

Hello cay7man,

Many providers limit the available historical data during active trading hours but provide data going back further if you access it outside of the regular trading hours.

I would suggest taking another look at the download to see if you get additional data if you do it e.g. late at night.

If you suspect you should receive more historical data than you did, please reach out to Kinetick's customer support directly, they could then take a closer look at this.

You can reach them at support (at) kinetic (dot) com.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything we may assist with!
            Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, I downloaded the data over the weekend. I've reached out to Kinetick. TY!

Comment

Kinetick didn't care to respond

Comment

Hello cay7man,

At a minimum, and for all instruments Kinetick offers:
                  • 180 calendar days of historical Tick data (for building tick based charts, such as range and volume)
                  • 2 years of historical Minute data
                  • 10 years of historical Daily data
                  Commonly traded symbols will typically have even more extensive historical minute and daily data available.

When requesting tick data between the hours of 9:30 AM and 4:30 PM ET, you will have access to 8 days of historical tick data. If you request the data outside those, hours the full 180 days is available. After you request the data, it will be downloaded to your historical database and cache so you can access this data at any time.

If you are not receiving a reply from Kinetick this could indicate your email did not go through or their response did not go through. You may want to try sending a 2nd response or using a different email address. You should receive a reply from Kinetick with 15 minutes during normal operating hours.
                  Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post frankthearm  
                  Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes