Having trouble getting ATM order template correct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having trouble getting ATM order template correct

I'm trying to set up an ATM order template that will have three targets: First profit target at 4 ticks, second target at 8 ticks, and third at 24 ticks. For the third part, I want it to move my safety stop to breakeven after the second (8 tick) target has been hit. I have it set up as shown in the attached pic, but right now it's moving my stop to breakeven on the second and third targets after just 4 ticks. What do I have set up wrong here?
    Attached Files

Hello EnveousColnago,

Thank you for your inquiry.

When I create this strategy using these exact settings, it functions as I would expect. How it works is that after 4 tick in profit, I am taken out by 5 contracts and left with 6 working contracts. After 8 ticks in profit, I am taken out by additional 5 contracts and left with one working profit target and stop. After 9 ticks in profit, my stop loss is moved from it's original position (14 ticks behind my entry point) to breakeven. I've included a video to demonstrate using the Simulated Data Feed;

If that's not the behavior that you are experiencing, please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what is occurring further.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in subject line or the body of the email: 3588622 ATTN Zachary

(Make sure to send these via email using the above process, as your log and trace files should not be shared publicly)
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Zachary View Post
      Hello EnveousColnago,

Thank you for your inquiry.

When I create this strategy using these exact settings, it functions as I would expect. How it works is that after 4 tick in profit, I am taken out by 5 contracts and left with 6 working contracts. After 8 ticks in profit, I am taken out by additional 5 contracts and left with one working profit target and stop. After 9 ticks in profit, my stop loss is moved from it's original position (14 ticks behind my entry point) to breakeven. I've included a video to demonstrate using the Simulated Data Feed;

If that's not the behavior that you are experiencing, please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what is occurring further.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in subject line or the body of the email: 3588622 ATTN Zachary

(Make sure to send these via email using the above process, as your log and trace files should not be shared publicly)
      I just closed NT and restarted it and it's working as expected now. Derp

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
      47 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post aligator  
      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes