Stop Limit order grayed out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop Limit order grayed out

When I right click and try to place a Sell Stop limit order below the market price it is grayed out and the same thing for a buy stop limit above the market price. Why won't ninja let me place these orders? Thanks for the help!

Hello Joker112,

Thank you very much for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Forums!

When you first connect to a live datafeed provider, the Sim101 account inherits this provider's limitations. As some providers do not support all order types, they are then greyed out even on the Sim101 account.

One example of such a provider would be Coinbase. To identify this, first, take a look at the Control Center. The Connection that the Sim101 account is associated with would be shown therein:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Coinbase Sim101.png
Views:	145
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	1199230

In this case, I am also connected to a live (test) account through NinjaTrader Continuum, resulting in the second display name using a different connection.

To resolve this, please first connect to a provider that supports Stop Limit orders. The Sim101 account would then enable this feature again. If you then connect to the second account it would still retain these settings and would allow Stop Limit orders.

Should you have any questions in this regard, please don't hesitate to let me know!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you very much! That was it, I had Coinbase on auto connect on log in. I switched that off and it is working perfect! Thanks again!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:00 AM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post Waxavi
      by Waxavi

Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
      0 responses