Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After NT Update - Error message - "Unable to retrieve.."

Hi!

After updating to NT 8.0.26 I get the attached error message. Despite the error message everything seems to be working fine..

I tried search the forum for similar problems. The only solution I've tried is deleting the "NinjaTrader.Custom"-files under Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom. But it didn't help me.

What can I do to solve this?
    Attached Files

Hello Mrebbot,

This would be due to a custom AddOn needing additional functionality, where at times they use DLL's that ship with NinjaTrader that NinjaTrader uses internally, but are not part of a standard NinjaScript distribution.

Right now, these AddOns will need to be update their DLL solution since what is used internally for NinjaTrader has changed.
    • If you are the developer of the AddOn, please consider adding your own DLL solution to the documents/NinjaTrader 8/bin/Custom folder, and redistribute the AddOn package.
    • If you are not the developer of the AddOn in question, the offending script will need to be identified, and the developer will need to be informed.

If you are not the developer and need to identify which AddOn needs to be updated, I would suggest setting up a clean environment as a test bed to import your addons.

We can expect an error to be received when importing the AddOn in question in the Clean Environment.

Once the error is seen and we have identified the AddOn in question, please reach out to the developer advising them of this issue with R26.

You may then remove that particular AddOn from the existing environment to fix the compile errors.

The developer may reach us for any questions they may have.

Clean Environment Test:

Creating a clean environment can be done by following the steps below:
    1. Close NinjaTrader 8, and rename the "NinjaTrader 8" folder in My Documents to something like: "NinjaTrader 8 OLD" Do not delete this folder.
    2. Uninstall NinjaTrader from the Windows Control Panel
    3. Delete the C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 8 folder
    4. Reinstall using the installer from http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
    5. Test adding indicators in the clean environment until an error is received when importing the AddOn in question, then inform the developer

If you ever need to switch back to your original platform, you may do so by closing NinjaTrader and swapping the platform folder names.

For example, Close NinjaTrader and rename the new "NinjaTrader 8" folder to "NinjaTrader 8 NEW" and the "NinjaTrader 8 OLD" folder to "NinjaTrader 8." Then restart the platform. Simply put: NinjaTrader 8 will always load the "NinjaTrader 8" folder in My Documents.

We look forward to assisting.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Got it, thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Kaledus