Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blank chart, but only on one pair?

Howdy.

I am noticing a problem occurring recently, and it seems completely random.

Attached is an image of a chart, FX, AUD/USD. For some reason, when loading this chart, it is COMPLETELY blank. I have tried:
    Code:
    reloading it,
    switch back and fourth between various pairs,
    restarting NT,
    creating new charts,
    disconnecting/reconnecting my data feed,
    "reloading all historical data"
    Just a note, I have OTHER pairs open on my workspace, EU,GJ, and they work just fine. The problem seems to be just this instrument. I haven't check ALL 27 pairs, but I checked a handful, and they all work fine. Seems to be this one pair.

My current data feed is Oanda, which I use simply to supply NT with FX data. Trading is not allowed w/Oanda through NT.

When I try to load the chart, I get no activity, I.e., at no point on the chart do you see the little status message that says, "Loading data."

I suspect the problem is an intermittent issue that occurs with my data feed, but I am unsure. Also attached is my log, and there seems to be no issues that would be connected to a bad data feed.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by forrestang; 04-29-2022, 06:47 AM.

Just a bit more info... As mentioned this problem is intermittent. I don't know why it happens?

Just yesterday, the data for this pair was rendered to the chart just fine.

As you can see in the attached image, I do have data for this pair, it just won't render to the chart.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello forrestang,

Thank you for your inquiry.

I see that you have a custom/third party component added to the chart in question. So we can verify that it is not a third party add-on causing NinjaTrader to not work as expected, could you please start the platform in Safe Mode and see if the chart populate correctly with only NinjaTrader components?

Safe Mode will prevent NinjaTrader from:
      • Loading workspaces.
      • Connecting on start-up.
      • Loading custom assemblies.
      • Getting instrument updates from the server.
      To enable safe mode, please use the following steps:
      • Exit NinjaTrader.
      • Hold the CONTROL key and double click the NinjaTrader icon.
      • Keep the CONTROL key held down until you see the Control Center.
      • You can verify you are in safe mode by going to Help -> About.
      Once you have opened the platform in safe mode:
      • Reconnect to your data provider from the 'Connections' menu
      • Please open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issues.
        • Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled. If you have a workspace already named "Untitled," however, you will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise, it will overwrite it.
      If there are no issues on this new workspace, please restart NinjaTrader normally and try opening the previous workspace by going to Control Center > Workspaces > Select your workspace from the list.

If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding 1 indicator at a time. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns. I also suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a backup if the issue returns.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over backing up and restoring.Please let me know the results of this test.
      Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Zachary.

I followed the instructions above, and I still have the same issue.

I am attaching the log, from the TIME I restarted in safe mode. There seem to be no errors.

Upon restart in safe mode, I can load any other pair, save for the AU.

THere are no indicators loaded, and the safe-mode did boot up with nothing else loaded.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello forrestang,

Thank you for your reply.

Please send me your workspaces, log, and trace files via email so that I may look more thoroughly into what is occurring under the hood.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Expand 'Other files' and enable 'Workspaces files and UI settings'.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 3590113 ATTN Zachary

I look forward to further assisting you.

Comment

Just sent in the trace files.

Just a note, since you are looking at trace files, the safe-mode restart was at 8:54 am, my machine time. At this time, there was nothing loaded, no indicators, and none of my workspaces.

Anything that pops up outside of the time window(about 5 minutes), seems like it may be unrelated?

Comment

Hello forrestang,

Thank you for sending over the files. I've received them.

I notice now that I've imported your workspace and looking at your screenshots that you have the instrument name set to 'AUSUSD'. AUSUSD is not an instrument that exists in the database. Are you trying to load AUDUSD (Australian Dollar/US Dollar)? Please replace the instrument AUSUSD with AUDUSD instead, as demonstrated in video at the link below;

Please let me know if this does not resolve the issue.

Comment

That was indeed the issue.

Well that was embarrassing.

I do not know how that got into my favorites... as I pulled it from the drop down. I must have somehow typed in that symbol, and favorited it.

Comment

Hello forrestang,

Thank you for your reply.

No reason to be embarrassed! I didn't notice it at first either so it was easy thing to miss. I'm glad it wasn't something more complicated and we were able to get it corrected.

Have a great day!

Comment

How easy it is for any of us to see what we expect to see, rather than what is actually there. (I am no exception!) It's part of the "human condition". As a most relevant example, the image of the blank chart in the original post has the Instrument clearly listed as AUSUSD; so, readily visible if one looks carefully ... and yet as echoed by Zachary, that is in no way a criticism, just an observation. Glad the errant letter was finally found! Something for all of us to be mindful of.
                    Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
                    jeronymite
                    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Indeed Jerony.

"Why is the obvious, not so obvious, to many?"

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
                      0 responses