NT8 Pair or StatArb help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Pair or StatArb help needed

I have downloaded the NT8 Pair and Spread indicators but neither are proving helpful.
    I arb (2*ES)/NQ and want to see candlestick plot(s) of the differential and then be able to overlay some generic indicators on that candlestick chart.

Hello Poosman,

Thanks for your post.

Please provide a brief description of what you mean by the following.

"I arb (2*ES)/NQ and want to see candlestick plot(s) of the differential and then be able to overlay some generic indicators on that candlestick chart."

Are you wanting to some indicators in a separate panel on the chart and have other indicators placed on the price panel with the candles?

Also, please answer ALL of the following questions so we may accurately assist.
    • What are the exact names of the indicators that you are referring to?
    • Were these indicators developed by a third-party vendor?
    • Or, did you download these indicators from the Ecosystem User App Share? If so, please provide a link to the indicators you are referring to.
    I look forward to further assisting.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

1. I want to plot the differential of two ESM22 contracts divided by one NQ22 contract - using time-based chart.
      2. I ideally then use a % difference on the price axis.
      3. I am unable to figure out how to get the above done.
      4. Then I want to apply a Donchian channel overlay.
      5. If I can get the above accomplished, then I would like to use a MACD in a separate panel.
      https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...ninjatrader-8/

Plots the Spread of two instruments The first instrument is the primary chart data series. The secondary instrument is specified by the parameter "Symbol2". The Parameters "Qty1" and "Qty2" are multipliers which are applied to each instrument's price before adding the two; default values are "Qty1=1" and "Qty2=‐1" which will simply plot the difference between […]

Comment

Hello Poosman,

Thanks for your note.

"I want to plot the differential of two ESM22 contracts divided by one NQ22 contract - using time-based chart.
        I ideally then use a % difference on the price axis."

The indicators that you linked from the Ecosystem User App Share could not be used to accomplish your goals. You would need to create a custom NinjaScript indicator to accomplish this yourself or hire a developer to code the indicator for you.

If you are interested in programming this indicator yourself, please let us know and we could provide you with educational material to get you started. Or,

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please contact vendorsupport[AT]ninjatrader.com for a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.

That said, to place the MACD indicator on the Chart window in a separate panel, right-click on the chart, select Indicators, locate and select the MACD indicator, click 'add', select the indicator in the 'Configured' section, locate the 'Panel' property drop-down menu and ensure it is set to 'New panel', click OK.

See this help guide page for more information about working with indicators: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...indicators.htm

Let us know if we may assist further.
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by gbourque, Today, 06:39 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
        Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
        1 response