Auto BreakEven Does Not Always Move Stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto BreakEven Does Not Always Move Stop

I have Auto Breakeven enabled and set to 3 ticks. See attached screenshots. Sometimes when price reaches 3 ticks profit, the stop is not being moved to breakeven. Other times it will move the stop to breakeven. If price reaches 4 ticks profit, it always moves the stop to breakeven. This is on a Sim account. I have also included a screenshot where this happened on a short trade.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2022-05-02 13_31_29-BreakEven UB 06-22 Stop Strategy Parameters.png Views:	0 Size:	12.2 KB ID:	1199643

Click image for larger version  Name:	2022-05-02 13_32_50-Chart - UB 30 Second.png Views:	0 Size:	13.9 KB ID:	1199645

Click image for larger version  Name:	UB 06-22 (30 Second) 2022_05_02 (1_49_53 PM).png Views:	0 Size:	21.0 KB ID:	1199646

Is this expected behavior? If so, is there any way to ensure the stop will be moved when price hits 3 ticks profit?

Thanks, Greg
    Last edited by TheTradingMantis; 05-02-2022, 01:01 PM.
    The Trading Mantis
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - The Trading Mantis

Hello TheTradingMantis,

Thank you for your inquiry.

The screenshot of your settings should certainly work as expected. Just to confirm, can you please send me a screenshot of the 'Data Series' settings for your chart?
    • To send a screenshot with Windows 10 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.
    • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save it as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    Additionally, what release of NinjaTrader 8 are you currently using? This can be found at Help > About. Please provide the full version number.

I look forward to your response.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Attached is a screenshot of the data series settings.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-05-02 15_59_34-Data Series.png
Views:	200
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	1199671

I'm using version 8.0.25.0 (the prior version). I always wait a few weeks before upgrading.

Thanks, Greg
      The Trading Mantis

Comment

Just a thought. Is the Profit Trigger based on the last traded price? Or is it maybe using the last bid/ask price? So for the short in the screenshot above, the ask price would have to reach 157'11 for the stop to be moved to breakeven.

Thanks, Greg
        The Trading Mantis

Comment

I have been watching the inside bid/ask today when an order is taken. On 2 long trades, the stop was not moved to Breakeven until the inside bid was 3 ticks above the entry price.
          The Trading Mantis

Comment

Hello TheTradingMantis,

Thank you for your reply.

The Profit Trigger is indeed based on the Last price. I've never seen settings function any differently, and in my testing, I've gotten the expected result each time. However, My Team Lead and I want to do some more in-depth testing and research on this to try and figure out what occurred, because we can clearly see in your screenshot that the Profit Trigger did not initiate. We have a couple of theories, but don't have a lot of information to base them off of so we are going to test the parameters using Market Replay on the date and time of your original screenshot to see if we can reproduce the problem.

Additionally, will you please send your log and trace files to us. You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 3594256 ATTN Zachary

Comment

Hi Zachary,

Have you had any luck reproducing the issue, or did you find anything in the trace files?

Thanks,
              Greg
              The Trading Mantis

Comment

Hello Greg,

Thank you for your reply.

I had sent you a follow up email and I will send it so be on the lookout for it. I have not been able to reproduce the problem.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                5 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
                Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes