Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

order that windows appear in workspace?

Thanks in advance...
    I know that to set the order level (of how items appear) within a chart, you hold down the shift key and scroll the mouse wheel.
    But how do you set the order level of what charts / windows appear in the workspace?
    ie: only want to show the volume ladder in the superdom and nothing else > hide some of the window behind other charts that I DO use.

Thanks so much.

Tripp

Hello TrippTraders,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, there are no specific settings to change the order in which the windows themselves are overlayed on top of one another. However, you may want to try right-clicking on any charts you want to keep from minimizing and select 'Always on Top' so that these specific ones are always visible while you have others minimized. Beyond this, there are no other settings to change the order of a window you want to keep on top except by clicking on one to select it and move it to the front.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.
    Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That's weird, I could have sworn that I spoke with Platform Support in 2018 and was given a solution...
      Keep in mind that it's not an 'overlay' per se, but just the order, front to back, that items appear in the workspace.

Thanks again
      Tripp

Comment

Hello TrippTraders,

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately, we do not have any specific settings beyond the 'Always on Top' option that affect the order in which windows appear on your workspace, and this will change dynamically as you click on each window in the workspace as well.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Comment

I have an official request.
          Provide an "Always in Back" option, located right under the Always in Front checkbox.

Is this codeable without screwing everything else up?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Hello TrippTraders,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, this is not possible through coding as it is hard-coded onto the platform. However, our Development Team is tracking this as a possible future feature for NinjaTrader. I have forwarded this ticket to them to help them gauge interest in this option along with other window management features.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-1499. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:
            Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post zstheorist  
            Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
            8 responses
            0 likes