unable to recover ninjatrader custom assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unable to recover ninjatrader custom assembly

Due to my machine overheating, I frequently need to force close NT8 because it's frozen. When I attempt to restart NT8, I often get the error message about "unable to recover ninjatrader custom assembly" (see attached screenshot for error message). This requires restarting my machine before restarting NT8. Is there a way that I can avoid this error, or at least resolve it without the need to restart my machine?
    Attached Files

Hello 2inthebush,

Thank you very much for your post.

This error would indicate that another application on your PC is blocking NinjaTrader from accessing its files.

Most commonly this would be a cloud/backup provider, e.g. OneDrive, Dropbox, Carbonite, or a security suite, e.g. BitDefender or Norton.

If you are aware of any such applications being installed, please add NinjaTrader to their exception list.

If you experience issues tracking down which application is causing this, please let me know!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

2inthebush You may also want to address the underlying reason you have issues that cause what you are seeing: overheating. Depending on your system hardware and how it is physically configured, an external fan trained on the intake air vents may reduce instances of overheating. It's also worth reviewing the system's physical arrangement to see if their are any ways to improve airflow generally, and also check any filters that may need to be cleaned.

Thanks.
      Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
      jeronymite
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Manfred View Post
        Hello 2inthebush,

Thank you very much for your post.

This error would indicate that another application on your PC is blocking NinjaTrader from accessing its files.

Most commonly this would be a cloud/backup provider, e.g. OneDrive, Dropbox, Carbonite, or a security suite, e.g. BitDefender or Norton.

If you are aware of any such applications being installed, please add NinjaTrader to their exception list.

If you experience issues tracking down which application is causing this, please let me know!

Hello. I don´t know how find the APP is´t causing the problem. Could you help me please. Emergency.

Comment

Hello veyvey,

Thank you for the update.

If your computer is overheating, you will want to address that.
          • It would be like continuing to drive your car while it is overheating.
          • It may still run, but there is a chance that something is going to burn out and cause the PC Physical damage.
          You will want to reach out to a certified Windows or PC technician for further help and information on how to address the PC overheating and what can be done to prevent it from overheating moving forward.

If the NinjaTrader platform is still freezing and showing this error when the PC isn't overheating, this would let us know there is something more going on.
          • The error message in your screenshot can also be seen if NinjaTrader was closed, but something caused it to continue holding onto NinjaTrader in the background.
            • Please use the following steps to open the Task Manager and Close NinjaTrader:
              • Right-click on the Windows Start Icon > Click "Task Manager"
              • Click on "More details" to expand the window. If it says "Fewer details", ignore this step, it is already showing More
              • Single left-click on anything in the list
              • Now, press the letter "N" on your keyboard and it will jump to anything that starts with the letter N
              • Keep pressing N until it gets to NinjaTrader
              • Once NinjaTrader is highlighted in blue, click on the "End Task" button
          • Now, you should be able to reopen NinjaTrader.

If the unwanted freezing and error message continue appearing after you have stopped your PC from overheating, please use the steps below to send us a message with your log and trace files attached so we may look into this behavior further:
          • Go to the Control Center > Help > Email Support
          • Select: Platform Technical Support
          • Enter the subject as: Clayton ATTN 03338009"
          • Include any additional information in the Body as desired
          • Ensure the "Log and trace files" box is checked
            • Send the email
          Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by LawrenHom, Today, 10:45 PM