Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Minis + Micros - ATM strategy instrument changes itself back to Minis repeatedly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minis + Micros - ATM strategy instrument changes itself back to Minis repeatedly

Hi guys,

I have four charts with the corresponding micro contracts added as a secondary data series.

The platform repeatedly and (seemingly) randomly changes the instrument from micro to mini. This has been happening sporadically all morning.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong or what I can do to change this? Changing the "ATM strategy selection mode" to "keep" did not resolve this.

Edit:
    I just noticed how I can get this behavior to repeat.

I have one window per market. Each window has multiple tabs. The only tab with a secondary series with added micros is the "trigger chart" tab. So if I click off of the trigger chart tab to another tab that only has the Mini contract, and then click back to the tab that has the secondary Micro series added - the ATM strategy has changed the instrument from micro to mini.
    Last edited by WalterSkinner; 05-06-2022, 08:29 AM.

Hello WalterSkinner,

Thank you for your inquiry.

I appreciate the extra information so that we can work to reproduce the problem. So I may accurately assist you, please provide the following information as well;
    • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.? or 8.0.?.?)
    • Will you please provide screenshots of the chart window that you encounter this issue with and each tab on that window so that I can recreate it on my end?
        • To send a screenshot with Windows 10 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.
        • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save it as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    I look forward to further assisting you.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I took screenshot "a", then clicked on the other tab and took screenshot "b", then clicked back and immediately took a screenshot of the same trigger chart showing the changed instrument ("c").

Version: 8.0.25.0 64-bit
      Click image for larger version

Name:	a.png
Views:	105
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	1200200Click image for larger version

Name:	b.png
Views:	96
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	1200201Click image for larger version

Name:	c.png
Views:	95
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	1200202

Comment

Hello WalterSkinner,

Thank you for those screenshots.

Do all 3 charts have a secondary data series on them, or is it just the trigger chart that has both MES and ES while the Daily only has ES? Just want to make sure I am using the same setup exactly.

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Only the trigger chart has a secondary series (MES as a secondary)

Comment

Hello WalterSkinner,

Thank you for your reply.

I was able to reproduce the problem using the settings that you provided. I'm currently working with my supervisor to conduct some additional tests and am drafting up a report to submit to our developers. Unfortunately, I don't have a work around at the moment aside from separating the tabs into separate chart windows because it seems to have something to do with the way tabs share certain values on Chart Trader.

Since this appears to be unexpected behavior, it is something that will need to be corrected in a future release of NinjaTrader 8.

I appreciate that you brought this to our attention and I will make sure our developers are aware of this issue.

Comment

No problem.

Has this been submitted?

Comment

Hello WalterSkinner,

Thank you for your response.

I have submitted this as a bug to our Development team and it is being tracked under the ID number TS-2822.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post arvidvanstaey  
                Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
                16 responses
                0 likes