Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 + IB - False Positions showing in NT8

Hello,

I have some 'Ghost Positions' showing in NT8 platform when trading via the IB App API.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
    As a temporary fix, i can disconnect the IB App Data feed, then on reconnect, it corrects itself.
    However, as most know, the IB Data feed is so horrible, that it takes around 2 to 3 minutes to start updating the charts again - so this method is not a good solution.

I have attached a screenshot which shows NT8 Chart, NT8 Positions and TWS Positions.

Thanks in advance, if anyone knows a good solution to resolve this one.

Note 1:

You can see in chart trader, it shows me as Long 10. In NT8 Positions it also shows as long 10, and is even calculating PNL for the position.
    In the TWS Positions (Marked 3), you can see that i have no open position.

Note 2:
    in NT8 Positions it shows me Long 3 & 5 SPY calls, but no PNL. Similarly, in TWS Positions (Marked 3), you can see that i do not have this position open.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-05-09 182825.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	408.2 KB
ID:	1200453

Hello gaz0001,

Thanks for your post.

Reconnecting should not be necessary, we would want to make sure the position reporting is accurate. (There are limitations with IB and the Strategies tab, but I am expecting Position reporting to be accurate if we are using the latest version of NinjaTrader and the version of TWS we recommend using with NinjaTrader.)

Could you confirm that you are using the latest version of NinjaTrader 8 (Release 26) and the version of TWS we share in our Connection Guide?

If the we can confirm these points could you do the following as a test?

1. Close NinjaTrader
    2. Rename the 'NinjaTrader.sdf' file in Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db\ to 'NinjaTraderOLD.sdf'
    3. Restart NinjaTrader
    4. Test to reproduce the issue on an IB paper trading account

If we can reproduce the issue in this context, please then provide some steps I can follow so we can catch this issue on our end and file a report to our Development team.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jim View Post
      Hello gaz0001,

Thanks for your post.

Reconnecting should not be necessary, we would want to make sure the position reporting is accurate. (There are limitations with IB and the Strategies tab, but I am expecting Position reporting to be accurate if we are using the latest version of NinjaTrader and the version of TWS we recommend using with NinjaTrader.)

Could you confirm that you are using the latest version of NinjaTrader 8 (Release 26) and the version of TWS we share in our Connection Guide?

If the we can confirm these points could you do the following as a test?

1. Close NinjaTrader
      2. Rename the 'NinjaTrader.sdf' file in Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db\ to 'NinjaTraderOLD.sdf'
      3. Restart NinjaTrader
      4. Test to reproduce the issue on an IB paper trading account

If we can reproduce the issue in this context, please then provide some steps I can follow so we can catch this issue on our end and file a report to our Development team.

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the reply.

My JAVA version is: Version 8 Update 331 (Latest Version)
      TWS Version is: Stable version Build 981.3n, May 2, 2022 4:02:14 PM
      My NinjaTrader version was Release 25.

After i renamed the file when loading up NT, it advised me that there was a newer version. Up until that point, i was unaware.

So, i will do some trading now, and see what happens.

Ill update later.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by gaz0001 View Post

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the reply.

My JAVA version is: Version 8 Update 331 (Latest Version)
        TWS Version is: Stable version Build 981.3n, May 2, 2022 4:02:14 PM
        My NinjaTrader version was Release 25.

After i renamed the file when loading up NT, it advised me that there was a newer version. Up until that point, i was unaware.

So, i will do some trading now, and see what happens.

Ill update later.

Thanks
        Hi Jim,

After following your advice, the situation is the same.

I still have Ghost blank positions, and ghost positions with PnL.
        In TWS, you can see I have no positions open.

I've attached another screenshot.

Thanks

Name:	Screenshot 2022-05-10 182750.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	290.6 KB
ID:	1200642

Comment

Hello gaz0001,

When I test Release 26 with TWS 981.3i from our Connection Guide, I do not see this symptom. (I also tested TWS 981.3n, but we should be sure to test with the version we link in our Connection Guide for the best experience.)

Could you make sure to test with these versions?

If you still see the issue after confirming you are using these versions of NinjaTrader 8 and TWS, please rename the database file, and provide me written steps I can take to reproduce the symptom on my end.

A link to TWS 981.3i is included in our Connection Guide:

You can update NinjaTrader here:

Comment

Hello gaz0001,

When I test Release 26 with TWS 981.3i from our Connection Guide, I do not see this symptom. (I also tested TWS 981.3n, but we should be sure to test with the version we link in our Connection Guide for the best experience.)

Could you make sure to test with these versions?

If you still see the issue after confirming you are using these versions of NinjaTrader 8 and TWS, please rename the database file, and provide me written steps I can take to reproduce the symptom on my end.

A link to TWS 981.3i is included in our Connection Guide:

You can update NinjaTrader here:

https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
            Hi Jim,

I have put TWS 981.3i on as you requested. Connected via that version.

Same issue is persisting.

Screenshot below showing the ghost positions and false positions.

Name:	Screenshot 2022-05-20 183909.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	355.3 KB
ID:	1202211

Comment

Hello gaz0001,

I could not reproduce the symptom, I need further direction to reproduce the behavior on my end.

Could you provide me written steps to follow so I am doing the same thing you are to see the issue?

Do we need to wait for a period of time to encounter the symptom?

Comment

Hello gaz0001,

I could not reproduce the symptom, I need further direction to reproduce the behavior on my end.

Could you provide me written steps to follow so I am doing the same thing you are to see the issue?

Do we need to wait for a period of time to encounter the symptom?
                Hi Jim,

I have sent you an email with a screen recording to Platform support email. The email has my account number in there, so i cant post on the forum.
                email subject = FAO:- NinjaTrader_Jim - post1202217

This video shows both scenarios. The scenario where i close in NT and in NT it closes but it TWS its still open. And then the one where i close in NT and it closed in TWS but remains open in NT.
                You can see the video is only 1m30s long. The problem is consistently there and does not require anything special to make it happen.

The versions used, are your recommended ones:

Name:	image_73659.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	1202229

Comment

NinjaTrader_Jim , I am also experiencing "ghost" positions when trading via TWS. It looks like it occurs when the exit order on TWS goes through a different exchange.

In the attached screenshot, a ROKU Buy Order @ 8:57:12 was submitted via a NT Order Ticket window. When routed by TWS, it went to NASDAQBX exchange.

When I submitted the Sell Order @ 8:58:52, it was by TWS BOX exchange. My hunch is that this order did not get picked up by NT because the exchanges were different. So even though I was flat within TWS, NT still showed an open position in the Positions tab.

Attached Files

Comment

Hello wadams,

I'm working with our Quality Assurance team on such reports and we are investigating a related Position Update matter with Interactive Brokers.

May I confirm we are using the latest version of NinjaTrader 8 (Release 26.1) and the version of TWS from our Connection Guide? (981.3i)

https://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGu...nnection-Guide

We are suspecting something different than exchanges, but I would like to review your log and trace files so I can confirm and so I can follow up with any shorter term updates.

Could you email me the log and trace files at support [at] ninjatrader [dot] com with the text "Attn Jim 03100533" and a link to this thread?

In case instruction is needed for finding:

Attaching Log and Trace files
                    • Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
                    • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to your email.
                    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Comment

Issue still active.
                      Not yet patched.

Comment

i currently have this issue, had it on friday and logging in and out still doesnt fix it

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                        2 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post bmartz
                        by bmartz

Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes