Interactive Broker stock trading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interactive Broker stock trading

I plan to open an IB account to trade stocks. I have the following questions that I couldn't find an answer to, I'd be really grateful if someone could help me out.

1) Will the fund in my Ninja account automatically be transferred to the IB account when I place a trade to buy stocks?

2) If I open a position in ES contract, is this position with Ninja or IB? Do I get to choose?

3) Do I need to purchase market data from both brokers?

Thank you in advance!

Hello Pikazhu,

Thank you for using NinjaTrader.

Your NinjaTrader Brokerage Account will have zero effect on your Interactive Brokers account, and vice-versa. Each of these accounts is fully separated from one another, and you will have the option to choose which account you are using from the 'Accounts' drop-down on any Order Entry window (Chart Trader, SuperDOM, Basic Entry, etc). You will also see every account available for trading that you are connected to in the Control Center > Accounts tab.

As for the data itself, you will not need to pay for data from both providers if you are already subscribed for the data you need on one of them. NinjaTrader Continuum accounts only support Futures and Index data, so you will need to get Stock and other instrument types of data through IB directly. However, if you are subscribed for Futures instruments on your IB account, you may use that same live data for trading any account you are connected to by setting up Preferred Connections using the steps below.

Preferred Connections

To change your Preferred Connections on NinjaTrader 8, do the following:
    • Go to the Control Center > Tools > Options > Market Data window
    • Change the Preferred Connections for both Historical and Live data to the Data Provider you are expecting to receive data from based on Instrument Type (Example: Futures Data — IQFeed)
    • Click 'OK' to save and apply
    • Restart NinjaTrader and reconnect to both of your Data Feeds for all of the changes to take place
    NinjaTrader 8 Help Guide — Options > Market Data Parameters

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.
    Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for the response!

Can I trade futures options on Ninja brokerage?

Comment

Hello Pikazhu,

Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader Brokerage does not currently offer accounts to trade options on futures. If you want to trade options on futures, then you would need to open a separate account with Interactive Brokers.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Max238
        by Max238

Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
        24 responses
        0 likes