Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open

Since upgrading to Version 8.0.26.0 pressing the F4 Key in the NT Editor always results in a pop-up error message stating "The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open" followed by an NT crash.

Attempts to re-start result in one of the following:

a) An error message saying to use the Windows Task Manager to end any running NT processes and then to retry, or

b) An error message saying that NT must be re-installed.

NT re-installation is sometimes possible at that point, but usually Windows has to be re-booted before NT can be re-installed.

In all cases source code changes made before the F4 Key was pressed are lost.

Hello caveat_lector,

Thank you for your post.

I'm not seeing anything occur when I press the F4 key with the NinjaScript Editor window selected. By default nothing is mapped to that particular hot key for the NinjaScript Editor. What action were you expecting to happen/what is the F4 key currently mapped to?

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Application programs can map the F4 key to some other functionality, but where they don't, Windows defaults to displaying the address bar list in Windows Explorer or to searching for a file or folder in File Explorer, depending on the Windows version. That functionality probably isn't important to most NinjaScript Editor users, but pressing the F4 key obviously shouldn't necessitate an OS reboot and/or NT re-installation.

I wonder if that doesn't happen in your case because you have Visual Studio installed. That is only a guess, but I haven't installed it on this computer and wonder if that might have something to do with the difference.

Comment

Hello caveat_lector,

Thank you for your reply.

I've had one of my colleagues who does not have Visual Studio installed test hitting the F4 key when the NinjaScript Editor is the active window and he reported no error.

Let's have you test with a clean user folder to see if a third party script may be causing the issue.

To create a clean user folder, first, shut down NinjaTrader. Next, go to Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Right click > Rename > Change this folder to NinjaTrader 8 OLD.

Next, go to the Uninstall a Program area of the Windows Control Panel. Find NinjaTrader on the list, right click on it and select repair. This will create a fresh user folder.

Lastly, restart NinjaTrader and test. Do you see the same error when accessing the NinjaScript Editor and pressing F4?

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
        Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post usazencort  
        Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
        5 responses