A ghost hand switching Live acct to SIM mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A ghost hand switching Live acct to SIM mode

I have thought it was a glitch. But the weird thing happened again this morning. Everyone may know when you switch your acct to SIM mode, it changes the large vertical bar color to state gray. In my case, it changes the color from black to state gray. So it is hard to confuse whether I am using my live acct or SIM mode. This morning, I made a short position and exited with 14 pts gain. Yep, the number in the P&L was in green. And I did scaling up and down the chart, then clicked the "F" button - Full scale to restore the chart to original. Then, the weird thing happened again. It turned my Live acct to SIM mode. So I switched it back to my live acct mode. Still I could see a green number in P&L. So without any doubt. I made another position and exited with 15 pts loss. But the P&L showed a red number for the 15 pts loss. In this case, the P&L has to show 1 point loss worth number in P&L, because my first trade made 14.50 pts gain. So I checked the execution in the control center, it turned my first trade to SIM! My first profit gone by a ghost hand!

Hello traderjo59,

Please note that you can select a different background color than SlateGray for simulation using the 'Simulation color' setting at Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Trading.

The Sim101 account must have been selected in ChartTrader when the orders were submitted for the 1st trade. I suggest to select a different color than SlateGray that stands out for 'Simulation color', so you can easily tell when a simulation account is selected.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

But my real issue is not the background color. My platform has distinctive background colors to know the difference between Live and SIM.
      My real problems are: 1) Whenever I connect to your NT server, my platform starts in SIM mode no matter what, although "Global Simulation Mode" in Tools & "Start in Global Simulation Mode" in Options>Trading are NOT for "active". I mean, they are all "inactive". But my platform keeps starting in SIM mode. This is my problem.
      2) Obliviously, I made the first trade in Live acct and I saw the profit number in P&L of the Live acct. But the platform suddenly got switched to SIM mode. And the gain belonged to SIM mode. I know that It might be hard to understand. But it really happened to me. So I guess that the happening relates to my first issue, that the platform starts in Global Simulation Mode, automatically.

So far, to solve the problem, I got uninstalled and reinstalled NT 8 on my computer, but it still starts in SIM mode automatically. I have never experienced this kind of issue for last 7 years since I used NT platform.

Comment

1. Can you please select your live account in all order entry windows. Make sure 'Global Simulation Mode' is disabled and 'Start in global simulation mode' is disabled at Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Trading. Shut down NinjaTrader and save your workspace. If you now start NinjaTrader and connect to your broker connection, do you have your live account selected in all order entry windows?

2. The Sim101 must have been selected when you submitted the orders. If orders were submitted to your live account, they can't change to the Sim101 account.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

As you suggested, I saved the workspace in live acct mode. And it works! Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post FrancisMorro  
          Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
          10 responses
          0 likes