Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic Regression Channels

Hi,

This is going to sound very strange or impossible. I recently added a Regression Channel from the drawing tools pallet via a keyboard shortcut. I found some strange behavior that I cannot duplicate. When a downtrending regression channel upper bound was crossed, the channel automatically ended and a new Regression Channel was started. When the new uptrending regression channel lower bound was crossed, it ended and then a new channel started automatically. I watched it end and create a half dozen channels. Then when I clicked back in the window or did some other action and it stopped.

I have not found any reference to this in the ninja docs or in the forum. It this a feature or prototype feature that is available in the Ninjatrader? I can't see the code for the manually drawn tools to verify. I was running Ninjatrader 8.0.25.0. I have now upgraded to 8.0.26.0.

Thanks in advance for any insight

Hello JeffCO7,

I'm not sure why you experienced this behavior. When I test it on my end, I can't reproduce it so far. I apply a Regression Channel up to the current price and then use the Simulated Data Feed to have the current price cross over a Regression Channel line, but it does not create a new Regression Channel.

If you are able to reproduce this behavior, please let me know what exact steps you take.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason,

I could not reproduce either. Thus the reason for this post. I was using record/playback. So thought maybe I had drawn the Regression Channels and then rewound and they were showing up during replay. But tested that edge case and the drawings are erased and don't show during replay.
      Last edited by JeffCO7; 05-20-2022, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post zstheorist  
      Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
      8 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post rehmans