Free license key & rithmic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free license key & rithmic

I don't have multibroker lifetime license key so I'm trying to use the free license key for evaluating Rithmic. I get "The IB you are trying to connect is not authorized.." error. Previously I was told by the support that I can use the free license key for this purpose. Any idea how to resolve this?

Hello cay7man,

Can you please tell me what broker or prop firm provided the Rithmic username and password.

Did you create the connection for "Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage" or "Rithmic"?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It is a paper trading account from Rithmic and created "Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage" (that was the only option available)
      Last edited by cay7man; 05-15-2022, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Can you please download R|Trader from the link below.

Subsequently log in with R|Trader to sign the subscription agreement and certify your status as a professional or a non-professional market data subscriber.

Once completed, please check if you can connect in NinjaTrader.

Comment

Ok. I've been using it but it never prompted me for subscription agreement for some reason. Is there any way to trigger it?

Comment

jason, I did agree to those terms via their web interface. That's why the software never prompted me. I still get the same error from NT8

Comment

Are you able to login to R|Trader with your demo username and password?

As far as I know there are 2 "demo" environments with Rithmic: Paper and Trail.

The Paper environment is permitted for anyone that has a live Rithmic user id. Do you have a live Rithmic user id?

The Trail environment is only valid for 30 days after the first login and can't be used on multiple computers. Could it be your demo is older than 30 days or do you try to use it on multiple PC's?

I suggest to contact Rithmic as well and check if your demo connection can be used in the NinjaTrader platform.

Comment

Are you able to login to R|Trader with your demo username and password?
                Yes

And its valid till end of May and using on the same computer. I was able to use it briefly before I changed my lifetime license key to tdameritrade only. Now I can't with free license
                key.

Comment

You should have 'Rithmic' available as well with the free license key. Are you able to connect if you create the connection for 'Rithmic' instead of 'Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage'?

Did Rithmic inform if this demo connection can still be used in the NinjaTrader platform?

Are you able to apply for a new Rithmic demo connection and see if this will work?

Comment

No, there are no other Rithmic connection option. Yes, they said it should work and as I mentioned earlier, I did use it for couple of days with lifetime license key (for NT brokerage).
                    Once I switched my license key to ameritrade, the Rithmic options were removed. That is when I was told by NT support that I can use free license key to evaluate Rithmic.

No I can't apply for another demo account.

Comment

Can you please send me an email at "platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com" including the free license key you have entered at Control Center-->Help-->About.

In addition, please include the Rithmic demo username and password, so I can test the demo connection on my end.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                      0 responses
                      1 view
                      0 likes
                      Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                      Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
                      0 responses