order that won't cancel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

order that won't cancel

i have an order in my sim account that won't cancel. it is just stuck in the chart. how do i remove it. i have tried to cancel in the orders tab, but i won't cancel.

Hello ptg122,

Thank you for your post.

Simulated orders can sometimes become stuck in a 'pending' state if the platform unexpectedly loses connection or shuts down while the order is in the process of updating from one state to another. To remove the order, we will need to reset the simulation account.

Resetting a simulation account will clear all historical trade data from this account. Please follow the instructions below to reset a simulation account:
    • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the Accounts tab
    • Right-click on your simulation account and select 'Edit Account'
    • Press the "Reset" button > Yes > OK
    Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

As I have posted on many occasions when this is raised ...

Resetting Sim Accounts to clear Cancel pending certainly works ... but I have explored this in the Forum previously, and it is my belief that this is aberrant behaviour that should be "enhanced". It's a Sim Account, completely within control of the platform. If an Order is Cancelled, it should, of course, go through the Cancel pending state, but should be easily cancelled after that. This is both logical and sensible. Surely this can be fixed by the Development Team? One should not need to completely erase an Account's history simply to clear a condition that should not exist in the first place.

Thanks.
      Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
      jeronymite
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

So I am using Ninja Trader 8.1.1.7 and I'm having this same problem in the Demo account. I have 5 pending orders from a partially filled trade from yesterday that will not go away no matter what I have done. Restart, disconnect, hit cancel in every way I know how etc.

When I go to the NinjaTrader Control center and right click on the account as suggested above, I'm not seeing a reset button. Is there another solution for this problem in NT 8?

Thank you

Comment

Hello SSTSLLC,

May I have you send an email to support [at] ninjatrader [dot] com so that we may request your log and trace files to take a closer look?

If this is a live demo account and not a Sim101 type account, I would expect disconnecting and reconnecting to clear the order.
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Chelsea. I will submit a support ticket and mention you requested a log review. Yes this is in SIM. If it were live I would have called the trade desk.

Comment

Ninjatrader is not interested in finding a solution to this or many other problems. They are firmly convinced that things are fine the way they are, otherwise they would have found a solution long ago. Personally, I don't waste any more time reporting any problems or possible bugs, because I have the feeling that I'm not being taken seriously and my time is too valuable for that. there are enough forum posts here that point to serious errors or at least extremely useful content that are older than 10 years and nothing has happened until now. laughable. I personally wrote to the support about 4 weeks ago that there are relevant security problems for me if I close several contracts. not always, but very often NT crashes and you can't do anything except restart NT. After repeated requests there is still no solution to the problem but I was ridiculously advised not to act until the development team found a solution. As I said, it's been 4 weeks now. great support, I'm proud of you, irony off.
              sidlercom80
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Sidi Trading

Comment

Hello SSTSLLC,

Does this the account selected in Chart Trader start with the word Sim or the word DEMO? (i.e. Sim101 or DEMO74523..)
                Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I experience this issue about once per month in my Sim101 account. Never on my live account. Running NT 8.0.28.0

Comment

This happens to me more than I want to.. those "annoying ghost pending orders"

Comment

I hope this will be fixed. The demo accounts still have the problem occasionally.

Comment

Hey RFosty I am Nurlman#7848 on Discord. Please send an invite

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                        4 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post DynamicTest  
                        Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                        4 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post ScottWalsh