Hedging Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hedging Issue

Hi, I have a lifetime license currently I am not trading live just using an FXCM demo to keep my hand in. My lifetime licence will not permit me to connect to the FXCM demo something to do with hedging. Naturally I would prefer to use my own program so I can access order flow. 1) Is this correct or a bug. 2) Is there a work around.

Regards and thanks

Hello,

This error indicates the FXCM account you're connecting to is a hedging account, which is not supported with NinjaTrader. You'll need to contact FXCM to have them change your account to a non hedging account.
    Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you very much

Comment

I can now connect to FXCM demo however NT8 tells me to buy a Full Licence to use the volume profile. I already own a licence. Can this issue be resolved.

Thanks

Seaeagle

Comment

Hello Seaeagle,

Thank you for your post!

Please first ensure that your Lifetime license key is inserted under Help > License key in your platform.

If your license key is there, it is likely your platform may be experiencing connection issues to our licensing servers and cannot detect the key. To resolve this, I recommend the following steps (test for the issue after each step):
          • Restart NinjaTrader
          • Restart your modem and (if applicable) router
          • Restart your PC
          • Clear your DNS
          • If you are not already and the option is available to you, connect to the internet using an ethernet cable. Wireless connections are significantly more unreliable.
          • Ensure exceptions have been added into any firewall/antivirus/backup programs for the Documents > "NinjaTrader 8" folder.
          ​Please let me know if further assistance is needed.
          Kennedy M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi again

Have tried all of these suggestions and I am now back to where I started, that is to say, I get a message on hedging. To ask a broker to change connections on behalf of NT is unrealistic. Furthermore what gives NT the right to block traders from hedging should they wish to do so? If it is a legal issue in the USA I must point out many NT users are international and local restrictions may differ.

Whilst I am complaining please add my vote to the list of those wanting the ability to split the market profile. I notice these requests date back quite some time yet nothing has been done to address this issue. This is unacceptable as your users are telling NT how to improve the program.

I also notice that the connection to Interactive Brokers seems to have disappeared from the list of connections.

As a long-term NT user and lifetime license holder, I feel complaints of this nature should never arise.

Please ensure this complaint reaches NT senior management as further inaction will speak volumes to me and other NT users.

Thanks
            Seaeagle.

Comment

Hello Seaeagle,

Thank you for your reply.

I am a Team Lead here at NinjaTrader and I am here to address your concerns.

1. The requirements listed at the top of our FXCM connection guide state that hedging must be disabled on your FXCM account in order to use NinjaTrader. This is not a setting we can change because it is an account-side setting on FXCM accounts. Since they are a third party broker, we simply do not have that type of account access to change such settings. They will have to change this before you can connect. You can review this disclaimer at the link below;

2. I've added your vote to this request.

3. If Interactive Brokers is no longer appears, could it be that you have a Single Broker license key and have converted for use with a different broker? We'd be happy to look further into what is occurring. Since you cannot post your license key on this public forum, I would suggest that you contact platformsales(at)ninjatrader(dot)com and include your license key in the body of the request so that they can help look into this issue more specifically. If it is not a matter of being a Single Broker license key, you will continue to help troubleshoot via email where we can request more detailed information.

Please let us know if we may assist you any further.

Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Zachary View Post
                Hello Seaeagle,

Thank you for your reply.

I am a Team Lead here at NinjaTrader and I am here to address your concerns.

1. The requirements listed at the top of our FXCM connection guide state that hedging must be disabled on your FXCM account in order to use NinjaTrader. This is not a setting we can change because it is an account-side setting on FXCM accounts. Since they are a third party broker, we simply do not have that type of account access to change such settings. They will have to change this before you can connect. You can review this disclaimer at the link below;

2. I've added your vote to this request.

3. If Interactive Brokers is no longer appears, could it be that you have a Single Broker license key and have converted for use with a different broker? We'd be happy to look further into what is occurring. Since you cannot post your license key on this public forum, I would suggest that you contact platformsales(at)ninjatrader(dot)com and include your license key in the body of the request so that they can help look into this issue more specifically. If it is not a matter of being a Single Broker license key, you will continue to help troubleshoot via email where we can request more detailed information.

Please let us know if we may assist you any further.

Zachary thanks for your response, I shall contact platform sales as you suggest. I probably have a single broker licence but I do not wish to trade with more than one broker just the broker of my choice.

Thanks
                Seaeagle

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by habeebft, Today, 07:27 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post habeebft  
                Started by Tim-c, Today, 03:54 AM
                1 response