indicators don't show up in indicators list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

indicators don't show up in indicators list

hi, i have loaded 4 new indicators into ninja 8 and only 1 has shown up in the indicators list. i have tried reloading the 3 that don't show and it tells me they already exist and would i like to replace them. when i do i go back to the list and they are still not showing. i have checked the names before loading them but can not find them. i am using 8.0.25 build. i have also looked in the ninja indicators folder in my docs folder and can't find them there either. how do i get this to work?
    thanks
    phil

Hello phil,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Some users/vendors nest their scripts within sub-folders. Do you see any new folders at the very top of the 'Indicators' list within the indicators window? As an example, I've included a screenshot to show what I mean at the link below;

I'd also suggest scrolling through the full list of indicators and scanning it for any that might be what you installed. Sometimes the names of the .zip files are different than the names for the scripts that appear in the indicator list.

If not, then perhaps they are not indicators at all and are instead saved somewhere else within the platform such as the Strategies window, in the Drawing Tools menu, or from the Data Series window within the 'Type' or 'Chart Style' drop down menus. I'd suggest looking in those areas as well.

Last but not least, if you are unable to locate them in any of those areas, I'd recommend contacting whoever developed them for additional guidance. It's hard for us to know with any degree of certainty where they may be since we did not design them. The person that created it would know better than anyone else. If you downloaded them from User App Share, I'd be happy to see if I can figure out. You'd just need to provide a link to each indicator that you installed but are unable to locate.

Please let us know if we may assist you any further.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Zachary; 05-20-2022, 02:07 PM.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Isn't there a website with many more indicators that are compatible with NT?

Comment

Hello steveg,

Thank you for your post.

Absolutely. There are a number of third party websites that have indicators that are compatible with NinjaTrader. There's also the NinjaTrader Ecosystem website, where you can browse user created indicators and third party vendors. I've provided a link to this website below;

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
        Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post wzgy0920  
        Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes