Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding multiple indicators into one panel

hi,

I want the CCI indicator and two DMA indicators all in my lower panel. When I add a DMA, the CCI and DMA both go to flat lines, looks like it has something to do with auto scaling. However I can't figure out any combination of auto scaling off/on that shows my two DMAs and the CCI correctly.

Is there some way to do this, I thought there was, the gentleman who does your training videos I think has mentioned you can have CCI and moving averages all in the same pane in his Top 5 Indicators for new traders video.

thanks!

Hello trader24211341,

Can you please set 'Scale justification' for the CCI to Left in the Indicator menu. Subsequently the CCI indicator does not share the price axis with the DMA indicators and should resolve the issue.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for the reply that didn't work but when I set Scale Justification of the DMAs to overlay, leaving CCI on right that worked, so thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

As an aside could you tell me what scale justification does, I can't really find a plain english explanation and I'd like to understand what it's doing to my chart.

Comment

Hello trader24211341,

Thank you very much for your reply.

The Scale Justification setting modifies which side of the chart the scale itself appears on.

This allows you to chart different data series' or indicators in the same panel, even if they would not appear on the same scale.

For example, in the chart below I added a CL instrument to the same panel as the ES. While both instruments are traded at very different prices, setting the CL to the left scale justification allows it to appear on the same chart and be directly compared:

Click image for larger version

Name:	scale left.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	1202459

The ES would then chart the real-time price on the right side, whereas the CL would appear on the left.

Should you have any further questions, please let us know!
        Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

got it, thank you!!!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by f.saeidi, Yesterday, 02:09 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
          Started by Jltarrau, Today, 05:57 AM