Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is there a way to keep lines and arrows after deleting sdf file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to keep lines and arrows after deleting sdf file?

Hi,

Sometimes, my NT8 gets slow so candles can't keep up with the current bid/ask.
    The easiest way I found is to delete or change NinjaTrader.sdf file inside db folder to OLD_NinjaTrader.sdf.
    Doing so, it will definitely speed up plotting candles in real-time.
    However, all of the arrows and lines I plotted on the chart disappear and I can't redraw them at the same price and same time mark.

I saved the chart as a template and load it up with a new chart but all other indicators appear except lines, arrows, and marks (like circle, diamond and rectangle).

Is there a way to keep these arrows and lines? I think there's a way to manually delete db selectively.

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hello jjanguda,

Thank you very much for your post.

As the database is encrypted, it would not be possible to selectively delete data therein.

What I suspect is causing the slowdown might be the number of drawing objects or historical trades that are being charted. Could you let me know what size your NinjaTrader.sdf has when this occurs?

I would also like to take a look at your log & trace files, to see if they report any issues or errors, could you forward these files to me?

You can do this by clicking on Help > Email Support. Please also leave the following note in your message to ensure we can associate it with your post: ATTN Manfred 3623492

I look forward to your email!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Manfred,

Thanks for your response.
      The old ninjatraders.sdf file size was 275,968 KB.
      The new ninjatraders.sdf file (I changed the old ninjatraders.sdf file to OLD_ninjatraders.sdf last Friday around 5 am then it automatically created new fresh ninjatraders.sdf) was about 8000 KB but once the market closed on Friday, it increased to 11,805 KB.

Comment

Hello jjanguda,

Thank you very much for your reply.

275 MB would indeed be a rather large database.

I would like to take a look at your platform's log & trace files, as I suspect they might have recorded what could potentially have caused this, could you forward these files to me?

You can do this by clicking on Help > Email Support. Please also leave the following note in your message to ensure we can associate it with your post: ATTN Manfred 3623492

Thank you in advance!
        Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by StrongLikeBull, Yesterday, 04:05 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by Mestor, 03-10-2023, 01:50 AM
        14 responses