Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lag Problem

Hi All,

Been noticing past couple weeks, that my chart is lagging. Over a minute in high volume times and even around 30 seconds in low volume. My charts, my computer, internet, etc. nothing has changed. Not sure if something is going on or what, but this is crazy? I haven't switched to the latest NT8 version yet, maybe that's causing it, but that would be kind of ridiculous.

Just right now, SuperDOM on ES 3957.50, chart 3960.25. This screenshot was taken at a different time, but just showing the 27 second delay at basically lunch time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	LAG.PNG
Views:	564
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	1202537

I use to only have less than 5 second lag, most of the time... I don't get it.

Any help?

Hello kavidock,

Thank you for your post.

This has all of the symptoms of what's called a 'chart rendering delay'. Specifically, the fact that the chart and SuperDOM are reflecting a different last price. This can occur when the amount of incoming data paired with your workspace complexity/third party add-on's/PC capabilities causes NinjaTrader charts to fall behind real-time data. This problem can surface or become more prominent during busier periods, such as the open. Nothing on your end necessarily needs to have changed for this problem to present itself, as differences in volatility can make all the difference. This behavior can easily be corrected by making optimizations to the workspace using our performance tips or, if related to a specific third party add-on, removing the offending script.

So that I can properly diagnose the problem, pease send me your workspace, log, and trace files so that I may import them into my platform and perform some testing.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Expand 'Other files' and enable 'Workspace files and UI settings'.

Please also include a screenshot of your NinjaScript Utilization Monitor as an attachment to your message. To do this, please open the NinjaScript Utilization Monitor:
    • Control Center > New > NinjaScript Output
    • Right-click within the NinjaScript output window > Select 'NinjaScript Utilization Monitor...
    • This window will begin to populate with NinjaScript items in order of time spent processing
    • Let this window populate for at least a few minutes then send me a screenshot of it's contents
      • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
      • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    I look forward to further assisting you with this.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Zachary; 05-27-2022, 08:30 AM.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Zachary.
      Done and sent.

Comment

Hello kavidock,

Thank you for your reply.

I've received your message and am taking a look at everything right now. I will follow up with you via email after I've completed my tests and analysis of the information.

Thank you for your patience.

Comment

kavidock, please post results of Zachary's tests and analysis, and any performance improvements resulting from recommended changes. Thanks!

Comment

hi same problem here. as the picture show, 5 mins delay. delay/ disconnect/ chart unable to load will happen randomly. i have done everything on my side, any suggestion?

Name:	无标题.png
Views:	499
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	1203128

Comment

Hello danielwuwu,

Thank you for your inquiry.

There are a number of reasons that this issue can occur and it is dependent on a number of factors specific to each user. In the OPs case, it was due to a specific third party add-on that he was using. However, that is not always the case and it can sometimes be caused by a workspace that is not well optimized or other performance-related factors. This problem always needs to be diagnosed on a case by case basis for each user and requires that we review specific information about your setup. For you and anyone else that has a similar issues, please send us an email so that we can collect the information that we need to collect to diagnose the problem & troubleshoot the issue. Instead, we will need you to send us an email with your workspaces, log, and trace files by going to Help > Email Support within the platform.

Ensure that 'Log and trace files' is selected (it is by default). Also, please expand the 'other files' section and enable 'Workspaces files and UI settings'.

We look forward to assist you.

Comment

kavidock
                Where did you get the NS_DataLagTimer? (marked in red)

Name:	image.png
Views:	363
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	1233472
                Thank you
                FVJ​

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM