Install NT8 on Mac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Install NT8 on Mac

Hi, any Suggestion to what software operates the best. to support NinjaTrader 8 on a Mac OS system?

Would VMware or Parallels be better? Or does it matter, as long the Mac is running Windows 10 properly, then NinjaTrader should work as well?
    or Maybe even Boot Camp Assistant?

There is not much support on the internet, over the subject as far as I can see.

Thanks
    Last edited by Genesis2021; 05-23-2022, 05:04 PM.

Hello Genesis2021,

Thank you very much for your post.

While we do not officially support running NinjaTrader on a Mac; we have had many clients run NinjaTrader on Mac hardware.

We have specific installation instructions for Parallels and VMWare Fusion which will allow you to run NinjaTrader on your Mac. Below you will find instructions specific to the available options of running NinjaTrader on a Mac computer with the virtualization tools. Please note that Windows is sold separately from Parallels and VMWare.

Mac Installation - Configuring NinjaTrader for Parallels

When installing NinjaTrader on a Mac using Parallels users will need to ensure that the following steps have been taken prior to the installation of NinjaTrader.
    1. Start Parallels and select your virtual machine
    2. Press the "Configure" button on the top
    3. Under "Options", select "Sharing"
    4. Uncheck "Share Mac" under "Share Mac User Folders with Windows"
    5. Press "OK" and start the virtual machine

Mac Installation - Configuring NinjaTrader for VMWare Fusion:

When configuring NinjaTrader on a Mac running VMWare, users will need to ensure that the following steps have been taken prior to the installation of NinjaTrader.
    1. Start VMWare and select your virtual machine
    2. Press the "Settings" button on the bottom
    3. Under "System Settings", select "Sharing"
    4. Uncheck "Documents" from the "Mirrored Folders" list
    5. Close the "Settings" window and start the virtual machine
    To our knowledge, Boot Camp does not require any special adjustments.

Should you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to let us know!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, i am using Parallels but i do not find the options as told on your message. I do not want to make a mistake. Could you tell me the precise setup on the screen i have attached to this message Thank you very much for your help
      Renaud
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello rht5692,

Thank you very much for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

Looking at your second screenshot, it does seem this setting might have moved. However, as it is currently set to "None", this might already be the correct setting.

You should also be able to test this after launching Windows 11 and checking where the Documents folder is located. If it is on \\MAC\... it would still be shared, whereas if it is located on C:\Documents\... you could be certain it is no longer shared.

If you cannot find this information and would like us to take a look, please send me your platform's log & trace files, we would then be able to easily tell.

You can do this by clicking on Help > Email Support, and selecting the "Platform Technical Support" as the category.

Please also leave the following note in your email, this ensures we can associate it with this post:

ATTN Manfred 3625756

I look forward to your reply!

Comment

Hi Manfred, I get an error message when i try to install an addon Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070043
          thank you for your help

Comment

Hello rht5692,

This error would usually indicate that the Documents folder is still shared.

As our Technical Support Team is not experienced in the use of Parallels, I would suggest reaching out to Parallels' customer support directly. In our experience, they are very responsive and are happy to assist. You can reach out to them at the following, publicly available address:

The Parallels Support team is here to help. Learn about Parallels products, support options, downloads and online documentation.

If you could reach out to them and let them know you experience issues removing the network-shared drives, and which version you are using, they should be able to give you the exact steps to accomplish this.

I will also try to get access to a Parallels installation on my end to see how this was modified and ensure our instructions are correct going forward.

Of course, please don't hesitate to let me know, should you experience any issues or have further questions!

Comment

Hi, before installing Ninjatrader 7 and 8, I too would like to be sure which option to deselect in Parallels settings.
              This is the settings screen in the latest version of Parallels Desktop (17).
              Can you help me?
              Thank you

Comment

Hello,

You will need to ensure your Windows installation is not sharing files/folders with your Mac installation. For what settings need to be adjusted I'd recommend reaching out to Parallels for further support to ensure this is done correctly.
                Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
                15 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                Started by The_Sec, Today, 02:29 PM
                1 response
                0 likes