Workspace not saving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workspace not saving

So I have my workspace set up and every time I exit and close NT I save the workspace when it asked me to. I always click on save all. However, I've noticed that frequently it will not save my workspace and instead will revert back to opening up the main control center. Am I doing something wrong? Why does it open up my workspace I saved most of the time but not all the time. I always have to set up my workspace all over again.

Hello futurestrader0000,

The only item that may be happening is if you are using the windows taskbar to right click the NinjaTrader icon and close it, that would close the windows before bringing the control center to view to save the workspace. As long as you are clicking the X in the control center that should save it.

I would suggest manually saving the workspace temporarily so that you can view the control center log, that will help to understand if something in the workspace is failing to save or causing a problem. When you close the platform after manually saving select no to saving the workspaces, check if that prevents the problem from happening or if it still has the same problem.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
      Hello futurestrader0000,

The only item that may be happening is if you are using the windows taskbar to right click the NinjaTrader icon and close it, that would close the windows before bringing the control center to view to save the workspace. As long as you are clicking the X in the control center that should save it.

I would suggest manually saving the workspace temporarily so that you can view the control center log, that will help to understand if something in the workspace is failing to save or causing a problem. When you close the platform after manually saving select no to saving the workspaces, check if that prevents the problem from happening or if it still has the same problem.
      Thank you. I was closing the window through the taskbar. Now I know not to do that.

Comment

I would suggest that no matter how one closes the program, it should behave the same in all cases. The one exception would be if it were killed via Task Manager.

Thanks.
        Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
        jeronymite
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Originally posted by jeronymite View Post
          I would suggest that no matter how one closes the program, it should behave the same in all cases. The one exception would be if it were killed via Task Manager.

Thanks.
          I agree it should be like any other program

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post sarafuenonly123  
          Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
          0 responses