Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EOD chart only generated once and is only 1 minute chart

Hey folks,

I have a few questions and think there's a bug: you trade a market replay day (ES 06-22). At the end of day you go into New -> Trade Performance -> Display: Trades -> Generate (trading performance info for that day) -> right click -> Chart.
    1 question: why is this chart generated as 1 minute chart only, how can i change it to be 5 minutes chart?
    2 question: if you close this chart and try to generate it again, you get blank chart as if nothing happened (I think its a bug)
    3 question: can this kind of chart be generated outside trade performance? (i mean in my main chart i dont see a way to do it, other than plot "text and markers" but in that case I don't get visuals for trades as in trade performance chart

Thank you in advance,

Hello stasha,

Thank you for your inquiry.

1. This can only be created as a 1 Minute chart and there is no way to change it to a 5 Minute chart. This chart is not intended to have full functionality like a standard chart and is non-configurable. This is noted in our Help Guide at the link below;

2. I do not experience the same behavior. If I close the chart and choose the 'chart' option again for the same execution, the chart opens without issue. If it's a bug, it should be consistently reproduceable. Please provide an sequence of steps for how I can reproduce this behavior on my end.

Please also tell me the exact version number of NinjaTrader that you are using by going to Help > About. It should be formatted as 8.0.XX.X (with X's representing the full version number)

3. You may chart executions from the 'Executions' tab of the Control Center as well by right-clicking on your preferred execution and selecting 'Chart'. More about the Executions tab may be found at the link below;

I look forward to your response with regard to item # 2.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Zachary S.

Thanks for 1. and 3. As for 2: reproduced with Trade Performance (attached)
      NT 8.0.26.0 64-bit
      Steps:
      Connect to market replay, select the day (I used 01/10/22), place a few trades. Control Panel -> New -> Trade Performance -> Display <select> Trades -> give it a date (used 01/10/22) -> Generate -> right click -> Chart <Here you get your 1 min chart) -> Close the chart -> Right click (again) -> Chart (again), you get this below: Also attaching executions that behave little differently plotting all trades in one moment​​

Click image for larger version  Name:	empty.png Views:	0 Size:	735.7 KB ID:	1203008

Click image for larger version

Name:	executions.png
Views:	151
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	1203011
      ​​
      Last edited by stasha; 05-26-2022, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Hello stasha,

Thank you for providing this detailed information.

I am conducting some testing and will follow up with you as soon as I have been able to test this a bit further.

Thanks for your patience.

Comment

Hello stasha,

Thank you for your patience.

Unfortunately, I am not currently able to reproduce the issue. I used the exact steps provided, and launch & closed the chart multiple times for the same execution. Any time that I place some trades in Playback, run a report for that date, and launch the chart for a specific execution, it works as expected. Does this issue affect any other dates for you or just this date specifically?

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Hello Zachary

Same effect on other days too, unfortunately. One thing to try on your side is to try to right click on same vs different entry when calling for chart. Some restored previously closed chart, some gave empty one as attached above, If all of them work for you, it is strange i just recently installed the latest NT version, it should not behave this way.
            Another question on previous context: why generated trading chart is only limited to 1 minute timeframe? I should be able to see it in any timeframe, along with any format (line, candle etc.) - why limitation?
            Thanks!
            Last edited by stasha; 05-26-2022, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Was this thread forgotten? 2nd time I open chart from "Executions" tab I get the attached. 1st time opens as expected. Wish I could use it as 5 min chart instead though.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello stasha,

Thank you for your reply.

It is not happening for me at all, whether I select the same entry twice or a different entry. I've tested this exhaustively and cannot reproduce the behavior. I've also had my supervisor test the behavior to no avail as well. It works for us without issue. This would indicate a problem that is local to your installation. Does this problem occur in Safe Mode?

Safe Mode will prevent NinjaTrader from:
                • Loading workspaces.
                • Connecting on start-up.
                • Loading custom assemblies.
                • Getting instrument updates from the server.
                To enable safe mode, please use the following steps:
                • Exit NinjaTrader.
                • Hold the CONTROL key and double click the NinjaTrader icon.
                • Keep the CONTROL key held down until you see the Control Center.
                • You can verify you are in safe mode by going to Help -&gt; About.
                Once you have opened the platform in safe mode:
                • Reconnect to the Playback Connection from the 'Connections' menu
                • Choose whatever dates you'd like to trade, place a number of trades and attempt to reproduce the problem.
                With regard to your secondary question, a 1 Minute time frame is the only option and the chart is non-configurable. This is detailed in our help guide at the link below;

I look forward to your response.

Comment

HI Zachary,
                  It happens on any date in regular mode and does not happen in safe mode. Chart is created every time as you describe.
                  Last edited by stasha; 06-06-2022, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Hello stasha,

Since it is does not happen in Safe Mode, this would imply that there is something third party installed in your platform that is preventing it from working normally. Unfortunately, for an issue like this, you're going to have to use a process of elimination to figure out which specific item it may be and report it to the developer. Since this is affecting core NinjaTrader functionality rather than a specific workspace or chart, we don't have any avenues of figuring it out aside from removing each add-on one at a time and testing for the behavior in between. If you remove something and the behavior remains, you can re-import it and move on to removing the next add-on. Once the behavior no longer occurs, it's safe to say that the item you removed immediately preceding that is the underlying root of the problem and you can work with the developer to report the problem.

Please let us know if we may assist you any further in the future.

Comment

Hey Zachary.
                      this is really strange what you describing: this chart we talking about here is not some developer functionality but its the platform functionality and should work no matter what indicator i load with it. this custom indicator is not used by this chart.
                      and if it is - it is serious bug. not even a bug, its a failure of a platform. it reminds me of crashing windows in 90s, luckily NT does not crash, its core functionality fails so it cannot be used for any serious development is my understanding. correct me if i am wrong.
                      thanks

Comment

Hello stasha,

If it works normally in Safe Mode, then there is a third party component that is causing the standard feature to fail when you are running the platform normally. You will need to figure out what it is and remove it to return the functionality to normal. When you choose to import things into the platform, you assume a degree of risk because they can cause standard features (such as this) not to work as expected. This is documented publicly on our 'Understanding the impact of installing Add-Ons' page within our help guide;

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                        4 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post DJ888
                        by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
                        0 responses