Y coordinates for values plotted ScaleJustification.Left

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y coordinates for values plotted ScaleJustification.Left

I have an indicator with two series plotted. Primary series is plotted with ScaleJustification.Right, and second series is plotted with ScaleJustification.Left. In Ninjascript how can I get Y coordinates for the second series values plotted with ScaleJustification.Left?

I should note that I do have a workaround, which is to create a second indicator running on my second series and assigned to the same panel but with output to the left scale. OnRender for this second indicator operates with ScaleJustification.Left where I can get the Y coordinates for my second series and communicate those values to the other indicator as static or common variables through an Add-On. This works. It is clumsy. It may not be the most efficient approach.

Comment

HI jvanelli, thanks for posting. ScaleJustification is a property of the indicator and not the Plot objects. To access data from each Plot you can use the Values[][] array. e.g. Values[0][0] for the first plot and Values[1][0] for the second plot.

Kind regards,
      -ChrisL
      Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Of course, but getting the values is not my question. What I need to obtain is the Y (pixel) coordinate for the second series, such as would be returned by GetYByValue().

Comment

HI jvanelli, GetYByValue() is a method of the ChartScale object, so GetYByValue will use the respective ChartScale of the indicator you are working with. This can be tested in OnRender by printing the value of GetYByValue(Value[0]);

Kind regards,
          -ChrisL

Comment

So if I understand what you are saying, there is no direct way to plot a primary series on right scale, a secondary series on left scale, and then access pixel coords for both from the same indicator script.
            Last edited by jvanelli; 05-26-2022, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Hi jvanelli, An indicator can access all Scales on the chart, see here:

One indicator can create an object of the other indicator to get its Series values, and use GetYByValue() for the chart scale in the above collection. That would be the best way to get the y coordinate without directly accessing it or sharing it through an addon.

Comment

This looks promising. Thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post CortexZenUSA