Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Rithmic Data and Strategy

Hello All-

I have begun using Rithmic for my data feed while I am working on getting a funded account.

This morning I was enabled my strategy on NQ and ES. The data seems to be coming in just find but my limit orders are not being submitted when they should be, there is a delay of anywhere between 10 seconds to a minute before the order shows on the screen.

I am new to Rithmic, so I am just trying to figure out where to start with this issue. Would it be an issue with the orders having to go through Rithmic and that getting delayed?

Admittedly I am not that familiar with how orders get routed or sent through different exchanges or brokers so any bit of help would be great.

Thank you,

Nick

Try using TraceOrders.

Last edited by bltdavid; 05-27-2022, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Hello Nick,

Thank you for your post.

So that I may more accurately assist you, please answer each of the following questions;

1. Is this a strategy that you created yourself or was provided to you by a third party?

2. Does this issue affect only live orders or are you getting delayed order submission on simulation orders as well?

3. Does this issue impact any automated strategy that you use or just this particular strategy?

4. What version of NinjaTrader are you currently using? (Please provide the full version number located at Help > About)

5. Do you receive any type of error message or warning in the log tab or as a pop-up?

I look forward to your response.
      Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Zachary-

1. Created myself
        2. On simulation trades its it delay too. Just to clarify, I have my APEX trading account that I am currently working on passing the initial test. But it is also delayed on the Sim101 account I am paper trading on with other futures.
        3. I only have this automated strategy.
        4. 8.0.26.0 64-bit
        5. No warning in the log tab or pop ups.

Thank you,

Nick

Comment

Just a little update-

I was running the strategy on CL this morning and I did not get an order signal, even a delayed one.

Using trace orders I got this message Ignored SubmitOrderManaged

"Reason='Exceeded entry signals limit based on EntryHandling and EntriesPerDirection properties'"

I have Entry Handling set to All Entries and entries per direction set to 1.

But I wasn't in any positions and I didn't have any other orders pending.

Also, I had the same exact strategy running on ES and it did submit an order once the conditions were met. Not sure why it worked on one and not the other.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Nick

Comment

Hello Nick,

Thank you for your reply.

Before we proceed with any further troubleshooting, I'd like you to downgrade NinjaTrader to the previous release. At this time there is a known issue with Rithmic based connections on Release 26, and I have to wonder if this is related. Rithmic is currently working to resolve an issue with the adapter that can affect things such as live data, PnL updates, and position reporting. Unfortunately we do not have an estimated resolution time from Rithmic currently.

In the meantime, users have reported downgrading to an older version of NinjaTrader resolves these issues in some cases. Below are steps to doing so if you would like:
            • If possible, copy your license key from the Control Center > Help > License Key
            • Close all running applications
            • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel
            • Reboot your PC
            • Once these steps are completed, download and install NinjaTrader 8 'Previous Version' from the link below:

After the uninstall/reinstall but before restarting NinjaTrader, rename your database file:
            • Ensure NinjaTrader is shut down then go to the Start Menu
            • Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 8--> db--> NinjaTrader.sdf (may only say 'NinjaTrader' depending on your Windows File Explorer settings)
            • Right click on NinjaTrader.sdf and select "Rename." *Name it "OLDNinjaTrader.sdf"
            • Then restart the software and NinjaTrader will create a fresh database file to use
            • Unfortunately the following items stored in the old database will be lost - Trading Hours templates, Instrument Lists / Custom Instruments, historical trade execution data, saved Strategy Analyzer backtest results
            If this issue persists after downgrading, please let me know.
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_Zachary; 05-31-2022, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Zachary View Post
              At this time there is a known issue with Rithmic based connections on Release 26, and I have to wonder if this is related. Rithmic is currently working to resolve an issue with the adapter that can affect things such as live data, PnL updates, and position reporting. Unfortunately we do not have an estimated resolution time from Rithmic currently.
              Has this issue been resolved?

Comment

Hello bltdavid,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, these issues have since been resolved in the subsequent releases of NinjaTrader 8. The current build of NinjaTrader is 8.0.27.1.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 07:51 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Rapine Heihei  
                Started by frslvr, 04-11-2024, 07:26 AM
                5 responses
                1 like