NinjaTrader lagging after strategy analyzer is complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTrader lagging after strategy analyzer is complete

Hi, I'm having an issue with the performance of NinjaTrader after succesfully running a backtest via strategy analyzer. The strategy I am running uses multi-time-frame tick data, because of this it takes several hours to run, during this run NinjaTrader lags heavily, which is to be expected. The issue I'm having is that NinjaTrader continues to lag well after the backtest is complete, making analyzing the results extremely difficult. I don't see why NinjaTrader continues to use such high computational power? Should it not go back to performing normally?

Hello Sudonega,

A possibility of what is happening is the computer has run out of memory and is now using part of the hard drive as memory (called page filing) which is much slower and causes the system to become very sluggish.

NinjaTrader relies on the garbage collection of .NET to automatically manage memory. The issue becomes that the garbage collection itself takes CPU and memory resources to decide what needs to be collected and released. If the system is page filing this can mean the garbage collection service itself has slowed to a crawl. If given enough time to manage the memory enough to stop page filing the system would eventually recover.

The amount of data (date range), amount of orders and setting of IncludeTradeHistoryInBacktest, and amount of new objects (especially drawing objects) generated in the code all contribute to the amount of memory being used.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post arvidvanstaey  
    Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
    16 responses
    0 likes