Footprint chart live value error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Footprint chart live value error

I am trying to get the footprint value to show correctly. But it seems like the live data is not showing correctly. I had selected tick data on chart and in market data option.

Chart is set at 15 range. Even on 5 mins, it shows the same unless I refresh historical chart. chart. I had cleared dB cache too.

Data is demo data with rithmic.

Did I miss something?

Attached Files

Hello tradestar,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Does the issue persist if you right-click and select 'Reload All Historical Data'?

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you currently running? (Please provide the full version number from Help > About. It should be formatted at 8.0.XX.0)

I look forward to your response.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am using the latest download. Also tested using ninjatrader data feed. Currently still the same.

Comment

My time zone on my laptop is +7 GMT. Thailand time zone.

So the ending of data at the time I took the screen shot is showing 3 June 2022.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello tradestar,

Thank you for your reply.

First and foremost, the ES doesn't rollover in NinjaTrader until 06/09/2022. If you want to rollover before that and continue to merge past contracts, you will need to adjust the rollover date:
          • Control Center > Tools > Instruments
          • Locate and select 'ES' > Edit
          • Scroll down and select 'Edit rollovers'
          • Select the '09-22' contract from the 'configured' list
          • Edit the 'rollover date' to any date prior to today > OK > OK > Close
          • Right-click on your chart and select 'reload all historical data'
          If you do not want your charts to merge back past contracts, you can change your merge policy to 'Do Not Merge' under Control Center > Tools > Options > Market Data > Global Merge Policy.

Below I have provided a link to the Understanding Merge Policies section of the help guide.Secondly, I need you to actually clarify what specific version number you are using by going to Help > About within the platform. Saying 'the latest download' does not give me the answer that I need here. I need you to look at your version number and tell me what it is. You can even provide a screenshot of the window.

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

8.0.26.0 64 bit

Comment

Hello tradestar,

Thank you for clarifying the version number.

At this time there is a known issue with Rithmic based connections which Rithmic is currently working to resolve that can affect things such as live data, PnL updates, and position reporting. Unfortunately we do not have an estimated resolution time from Rithmic currently.

In the meantime, users have reported downgrading to an older version of NinjaTrader resolves these issues in some cases. I would like you to downgrade to see if the behavior persists after downgrading. Below are steps to doing so if you would like:
              • If possible, copy your license key from the Control Center > Help > License Key
              • Close all running applications
              • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel
              • Reboot your PC
              • Once these steps are completed, download and install NinjaTrader 8 'Previous Version' from the link below:
              After the uninstall/reinstall but before restarting NinjaTrader, rename your database file:
              • Ensure NinjaTrader is shut down then go to the Start Menu
              • Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 8--> db--> NinjaTrader.sdf (may only say 'NinjaTrader' depending on your Windows File Explorer settings)
              • Right click on NinjaTrader.sdf and select "Rename." *Name it "OLDNinjaTrader.sdf"
              • Then restart the software and NinjaTrader will create a fresh database file to use
              • Unfortunately the following items stored in the old database will be lost - Trading Hours templates, Instrument Lists / Custom Instruments, historical trade execution data, saved Strategy Analyzer backtest results
              Lastly, keep in mind the roll over issue that I outlined in my previous reply. If you roll over early without changing the roll over date, it will cause issues with the data due to the default Merge Policy. You must change this roll over date or change the merge policy so that the contracts are no longer merged together.

Please let us know if the behavior persists after downgrading and adjusting the roll over date for ES.

Comment

Hello Zach,

same problem here. A five minute footprint candle opens and the numbers on the BID side only appear over the open price. (ASK stays at 0) And the opposite happens under the open - there are only the numbers of contracts on the ASK. The same happens on my order flow visualization (ACME Flodometer). The red dots (Market Sell Orders) are only appearing when the price moves down and the green dots only with up movement over the open price. When i change to a different time frame, everything appears to be fine, no gaps, no 0's or whatever, but when i stay in this other timeframe it happens to be the same problem from the point on when i changed. F5 refresh doesn't help, only when i use the ,,load historic data" like you already advised. I'm using the version 8.1.1.7 64-bit with rithmic for TopstepTrader Challenge. Current contract is DEC23 for the ES but the problem appears to be on every ticker. That's a huge problem!!!

I have noticed one more thing. The cumulative delta indicator shows other values (also different to the footprint) and corrects itself also after a reload.
                Last edited by mnooooo; 09-14-2023, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Hello mnooooo,

Thank you for your inquiry and for your post.

The issue mentioned in this particular post has since been resolved so it seems like you may be experiencing something different. I would like to take a look into your log and trace files, as well as some information about how you have the connection set up specifically. Can you please send us your log and trace files by going to Help > Email Support.

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.​

Please make sure to include a brief description of the behavior that you are experiencing in the body of the email. Additionally, if you could attach screenshots of the chart.

Please also reference the following ticket number in the title line or body of the email: 04043461 ATTN Zachary.

I look forward to working with you on this.

Comment

Here you can see the problem. The first image is the info I get live. The second after the reload​
                    Attached Files

Comment

Since the overall volume is pretty much the same, you can see that the volume on every price is almost identical but before the reload the sell and buy orders are simple just on one side or just mixed up. If you put them together they are same before and after the reload.

Ofc i will do that. Thanks for your quick answer!

Comment

Hello mnooooo,

Thank you for your response and for sending that information.

I will be following up via email once I have had a chance to review the log and trace.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
                        11 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post cmtjoancolmenero  
                        Started by FrazMann, Today, 11:21 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes