Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjatrader is having problems connecting to its' license servers

Hi.
    My NT8 is unable to confirm the lifetime license I have. This just started today.
    There's a pop-up msg that says "Ninjatrader is having problems connecting to its' license servers..." and mentions something about firewalls.
    Same machine, same everything.

Can someone help investigate the logs and tell me what the problem is and how to resolve?

Thanks.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-06-02 094602.png
Views:	952
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	1203748
    Last edited by q40bomb; 06-02-2022, 08:46 AM.

Hello q40bomb,

Thank you for your message.

I have detailed a few general network troubleshooting steps below that may resolve this error for you (test for the issue after each step):
    • Restart NinjaTrader 8
    • Restart your PC
    • Restart your modem/router
    • Ensure that all available updates for your PC are installed from the Windows Settings > Update and Security page. Be sure to close NinjaTrader and restart your computer after any updates are installed.
    • Disconnect and reconnect to your network
    • Disable your VPN service (if applicable)
    • Clear your DNS: Open the Command Prompt > type in 'ipconfig /flushdns' > press 'Enter' on your keyboard
    • Ensure that you have the Documents\NinjaTrader 8 folder on the list of exceptions for your firewall, antivirus, or backup programs and software
    • If possible, try running your computer directly to your router/modem using an ethernet cable, or vice versa, through a WiFi connection if already hard-wired in
    An uninstall and re-install of NinjaTrader 8 may possibly fix this error as well as create a pop-up for any specific applications that may be blocking NinjaTrader from connecting successfully.

Please let me know if any of these steps resolve the error for you, and feel free to ask any additional questions you have as well.
    Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Strangely enough, I get this message seemingly every Friday. I am currencly unable run NT8 because this. My license is a multibroker, full licesne
      Last edited by Nin8aTrender; 04-14-2023, 07:32 AM. Reason: Spelling edit

Comment

Originally posted by Nin8aTrender View Post
        Strangely enough, I get this message seemingly every Friday. I am currencly unable run NT8 because this. My license is a multibroker, full licesne
        Hello Ninj8aTrender,

Thank you for your note.

Please write to us via email so we may review your diagnostic files and better assist you. You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default. Please include a brief description of your inquiry in the body of the email.

We look forward to assisting you further.​
        Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke  
        Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
        4 responses