Ninjascript Add ON

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjascript Add ON

When I try to add a Ninja Script I get the following message.

"You have custom custom Ninja Script files on your PC that have
    programming errors.These errors must be resolved before
    you can import a Ninjascript file."

Please advise a method to correct this.
    Thanks H. Hampton.

Probably caused by an indicator not being removed correctly. If you open up a new ninjascript editor window and try to compile you'll see the error - then you can remove the reference (right click -> references) that you need to remove to cleanup the indicator that wasn't installed correctly.

Well that's what did it for me once
    xabcdtrading
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - XABCD trading

Comment

Hello datahogg,

Thanks for your post.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling any indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.

For NinjaTrader 8:
      • Open NinjaTrader
      • From the Control Center select the New menu--> select NinjaScript Editor
      • Right-click in the window and select Compile to compile all NinjaScript objects
      • At the bottom of the NinjaScript Editor window, a new section will appear where you can find the error locations
      • You can exclude the file referenced in the editor by double-clicking on the appropriate object type on the right of the NinjaScript Editor window. This will expand the object type folder. You can then select the file with a left-click--> right click on the object--> then select Open to begin debugging the file, Exclude From Compilation, or Remove to delete the file.
      If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the NinjaScript File column and Error column fully visible (not to be confused with the Code column)
      • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's, Snipping Tool.
      • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
      We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip in our Help Guide:
      Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
      Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your help

Comment

Thanks for your response. I have followed your steps above and end up with the attached PDF print. I cannot get past this. Please advise.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello datahogg,

Thanks for your note.

This error is caused when a .dll file is being referenced that NinjaTrader is unable to find.

Please follow the steps below to resolve the errors.
            1. Right-click within the NinjaScript Editor window and select "References".
            2. Locate and select the reference to the .dll file mentioned in the Error.
            3. Click "remove" to remove the reference.
            4. Click "OK" and recompile.
            Here is a publicly available video demonstrating these steps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvm2GtTcn4Q

Let me know if I may assist further.
            Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks. It worked.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post WHICKED