Candlesticks moving but not printing new ones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Candlesticks moving but not printing new ones

When the remaining time in my graph reaches 0 the last candle keeps moving but it does not create a new one it just stays at 0 and keeps moving the price, I have to keep refreshing the data in order to see the new candles. I have tried to disconnect my account and reconnecting it and then I tried uninstalling NT8 but the same problem prevails. I use a timeframe of 1 minute for my candlesticks in the MNQ, it was working ok until the american open when i decided to change the contract. Any suggestions

Hello RodoPer,

Thank you for your inquiry.

This indicates one of 2 things. Either your PC clock is out of sync, or something within your workspace is causing the chart rendering to fall behind. Before we proceed with any further troubleshooting, let's resync your PC clock.

Please use the steps below to change/check your Time Zone and sync the PC clock:
    • Shutdown NinjaTrader
    • Right-click the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop
    • Select Adjust date/time
    • For Windows 10 click 'Date, Time, and regional formatting' -> Then click 'Additional date, time, and regional settings' -> then click 'Set the time and date'
    • Select the 'Internet Time' tab at the top
    • Set the server to time.nist.gov and then click Update.
    • If the message that appears says successful your PC clock should now be updated.
    • If not, select a different server from the Server: drop-down and try again (repeat until one of the servers is successful)
    After updating the PC clock, please restart NinjaTrader, then right-click the chart and select Reload All Historical Data.

Please let us know if the issue persists after syncing the PC clock.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Im having the same issue, and after syncing the time i still have the same issue, i even reinstalled ninja trader and made a new chart but i still have the same issue. The candle stick keeps moving but it's not showing up any new ones, it only does if i reload historical data after every single candle finishes.

Comment

Hello oregasuper,

Thank you for your note.

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
        • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.?.?.?)
        • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green in the lower-left corner of the Control Center window.
        • Who is your broker?
        • What instrument symbol (and expiry if applicable) have you selected? For example, ES 03-22, AAPL, EURUSD, etc.
        • (For a chart) what interval is selected? For example, 5 minute, 1 day, 2000 volume, 4 Renko, etc.
        • Do you receive an error on the screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
        I look forward to your reply.
        Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

1. Version 8.1.1.5 64-bit
          2. Simulation
          3. I'm using the free version
          4.NQ Jun 23
          5. 5 Minute chart, same happens on the 1 hour chart
          6. No i dont see any errors on the log tab.

Comment

Originally posted by oregasuper View Post
            1. Version 8.1.1.5 64-bit
            2. Simulation
            3. I'm using the free version
            4.NQ Jun 23
            5. 5 Minute chart, same happens on the 1 hour chart
            6. No i dont see any errors on the log tab.
            Hello oregasuper,

Thank you for that information.

Please try the steps to sync your PC clock from post number 2 on this thread. If the behavior persists, I suspect that you may be experiencing a behavior we refer to as "chart rendering delay" which can be caused by even a single "bad" configuration in your workspace or by having so many active calculations in the platform that you are overloading your PC's available resources for the platform. We have a basic list of performance tips in our help guide that could help you to optimize the performance and loading of your charts:

Some of the most common items I have seen are related to having too many days loading on your charts; you may review the number of days to load with these steps:
            • Right-click a chart and select Data Series
            • In the "Time Frame" section reduce the number of days to load
            • Click OK to save your changes and test
            Another item that can place a heavier load on your system is the method of calculation for indicators on your charts. Use these steps to review/adjust the configuration:
            • Right-click a chart and select Indicators
            • For each "configured" indicator on the bottom left-hand list, double-check the "Calculation" property to the right. Unless an indicator requires On Each Tick, please try changing to On Price Change or On Bar Close as these calculations are less resource-intensive than On Each Tick
            • Click OK to save any changes
            Finally, there is even a diagnostic test you could try in the moment when your charts seem to be lagging behind real-time data. To see what (if any) NinjaScript items may be contributing to the symptoms, please open the NinjaScript Utilization Monitor:
            • Control Center > New > NinjaScript Output
            • Right-click within the NinjaScript output window > Select 'NinjaScript Utilization Monitor...
            • This window will begin to populate with NinjaScript items in order of time spent processing
            • Let this window populate for at least a few minutes then send us a screenshot of its contents
              • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
              • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
            If there are any third-party add-ons that you no longer use, please see the page below for steps on how to remove these items from your platform:
            https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...emovingAdd-Ons

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.​

Comment

Tried sycing my Pc clock and it didn't work, and lowered the day from data series from 365 to 10 but it still doesn't work. What if i start a workspace from scratch?

This is what my Ultilization monitor looks like.

​​
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello oregasuper,

Thank you for your reply.

Starting a workspace from scratch is definitely helpful to identify what might cause rendering delays. By starting with one item at a time and slowly adding more charts/indicators, once you hit the rendering delay again this helps to understand that you are reaching the limits based on the last change or last couple of changes you made to the workspace.

Based on the utilization monitor, you may also need to adjust the settings for charts using ncatRSD specifically. With that indicator, I have seen that loading 5 days or less for minute-based charts or 3 days or less for tick-based charts can be helpful to prevent delays. You could try removing this indicator and check for delays, then add it back in and check for delays to see if you notice a significant difference. Ultimately, you may need to reach out to the developer directly for assistance if this indicator seems to be the cause of the behavior.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

I don't know what to do anymore. Made a whole new workspace. the only indicator i had was the bar timer and still im having the same issue, could it be something with the settings?

Comment

Originally posted by oregasuper View Post
                    I don't know what to do anymore. Made a whole new workspace. the only indicator i had was the bar timer and still im having the same issue, could it be something with the settings?
                    Hello oregasuper,

Thank you for your patience.

Please send us your diagnostic files for review. You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support. Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default. Please include a description of the behavior you are experiencing and we would be glad to further investigate with you via email.

We look forward to assisting you further.​

Comment

Email sent, thank you.

Comment

I think must be the bar timer indicator, I just placed the indicator on 1 of my charts and data stop flowing on MNQ within a matter of minutes, this reoccurred 2 more times on restart. I am about to remove the indicator.

My post is wondering if Emily C every reached out to oregasuper with a resolution

thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
                        24 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post spwizard  
                        Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes