Using Indicator Data as input to Bollinger Bands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Indicator Data as input to Bollinger Bands

Hi - I have often heard of a technique involving using indicator data (RSI for example) as input to Bollinger Bands to make the indicator interpretation more adaptive (since Bollinger Bands use standard deviations). The result is a better output of highs (overbought) and lows (oversold) as the RSI values tag the upper and lower bands. I've tried, but I can't seem to get any values plotted within my Bollinger Bands. Any ideas?

To be clear: when I setup my Bollinger Band, I have selected the RSI as the Input Series, and NOT the default Data Series. Nothing is plotted in the Bollinger Band. I thought I had this working a few years ago, but not sure what's going on now. I am using the the latest version of NT 8.
    Last edited by szayedoud; 06-13-2022, 03:00 PM.

Hello szayedoud,

Thank you for your reply.

You'd have to add an RSI plot to the same panel to see the RSI actually plotted with the Bollinger bands being calculated off it's values. Here's a quick video showing how this may be accomplished.

Basically, we add both a bollinger to the primary series (So we can confirm we're seeing different values from the one calculated from RSI data) and an RSI indicator in a separate panel. We then add another bollinger to the chart, set the RSI indicator to its input, and once we click OK, we can grab that bollinger from the chart and drag it to the same panel with the RSI to see them together.

Please let us now if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you! I forgot about that part

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by selu72, Today, 02:01 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
      Started by WHICKED, Today, 02:02 PM