Brokers and Account API

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brokers and Account API

I was setting up my data connection for Forex.com and received a message that said the connection doesn't support account API and that if my system should lose connection, then reconnect, it wouldn't know anything about current open positions.

I also have a broker account with ninjatrader and I think that when I lose connection it knows what trades are open when it reconnects.

I am looking to understand how this works. My connection to my ninjatrader broker account is through NinjaTrader Continuum. If I was to have an open position when a connection is lost, when a connection is reestablished, would NinjaTrader 8 recognize that open position? I am looking to confirm if that is true or not.

Is there a Forex broker service and connection that would work similar with ninja trader, so that when the system reconnects it would recognize an open position?

Hello jeliner,

Thank you for posting,

Could you please provide a screenshot of the notice that you are referring to?
    • To send a screenshot with Windows 10 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.
    • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save it as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    Thanks again, I look forward to assisting you further.
    Sergey S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

My Question is regarding Item # 3 in this screen shot

Click image for larger version

Name:	Forex01.png
Views:	79
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	1206088

Comment

[QUOTE=jeliner;n1206087]My Question is regarding Item # 3 in this screen shot

is there a forex broker service that works with NinjaTrader that supports option #3 so that after a disconnect I can see any open positions that may still be open once reconnection takes place?

Comment

Hello jeliner,

Thank you for your reply.

Currently, Forex.com is the only Forex broker available to US clients to use with the NinjaTrader 8 platform, so I'm afraid there is no other broker to suggest.

With NinjaTrader Brokerage, your orders are held Server-side and are reported back, so this will not occur when logging out and logging back into your NinjaTrader Brokerage account.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions I can assist with.
          Sergey S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:29 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post ScottWalsh  
          Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes