Stop Reset Order after every closed trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop Reset Order after every closed trade

At the suggestion of Ninja Support team, I installed the latest version of NT8 yesterday (June 22, 2022) to resolve a data issue I was having after Monday's Juneteenth Holiday. After doing the install, which did resolve the data issue, I am now left with the Order Quantity resetting back to 1 after every closed trade. Is there a way to change it so it works like before and does not reset back to 1? I want to keep the same position size for subsequent trades and having to take the time to set it back to where it was on the trade that just closed out is less than efficient for me. Thanks for any help here.

Hello MJJ23KBB824,

Thank you very much for your post.

I have not yet been able to recreate this issue. To better track down what is causing this, would you be able to record how the quantity reverts? By seeing how the order is being submitted, we should be able to track down why it reverts to a quantity of 1.

Thank you in advance!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your reply Manfred. You assisted me yesterday with the data issue. Funny, I thought I would not bother you guys and see if I could get this issue resolved via the forum. LOL. After installing the latest version of NT8 to resolve the data issue I was having from the Juneteenth holiday, every time I placed a simulation trade, no matter what size I used for the position, the position size reverted back to "1". And I use OCO orders in my ATM strategy, so once the trade has been closed either by hitting the target or stop, it reverted back to 1. I'll see if I can get more information on this per your suggestion above. Also, I don't know if this is only a simulation issue or if the same thing would happen with a live order, because I didn't want to take any live trades until I had this worked out. I guess I can try both live and simulation and then provide an update. Thank you.

Comment

Hello MJJ23KBB824,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Please never worry about 'bothering' us, after all, we're here to help!

What I suspect happened is that the selected ATM strategy is set up for 1 quantity. Depending on the "ATM Strategy Selection Mode", it would then revert to this quantity, rather than the last-entered quantity, when the strategy exits.

If you would like more information regarding the "ATM Strategy Selection Mode", I've recently recorded a video that demonstrates the three options, you may find this below:

World's leading screen capture + recorder from Snagit + Screencast by Techsmith. Capture, edit and share professional-quality content seamlessly.

You should also be able to confirm this by editing the ATM strategy and changing the quantity.

Should this not explain the platform's behavior, please send us a brief note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com, referring to ticket 3670195. We could then schedule a brief remote session with you to take a look at this behavior and track down what is triggering it.

I look forward to your reply!
        Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post PaulMohn  
        Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
        1 response